Giving Back - In-Game Help for New Players

New Player Help and Guides
Prev 1 39 40 41 53 Next
I would not mind helping out at all

Wildhammer (PVP)
Novenha-90 Alliance hunter
B-Tag: Novenha#1855

I play alliance only (sorry hordies) and you can usually find me online after 2PM CST
I don't mind helping people, here is my info:

Character: Aceheart

Faction: Alliance

Realm: Emerald Dream
Add me or my main to the list for Area 52.

Papertowell - Main - Paladin Tank
Vasileen - Alt - Demo/Destr
I'll help.

Server: Magtheridon
Faction: Horde
Battletag: Evilknievel#1514
Characters: Gnomestalker, Evilkinevel, Brohammer, Bigbrownorc

I do a lot of PvP and am willing to teach the finer aspects of PvP to anyone who wishes to learn more. I have a good understanding of PvE and would be willing to help anyone who wants to learn about that too, but as stated above my area of expertise is PvP. Also check my guide on this forum if interested in learning more about PvP, titled "[GUIDE] Players New to PvP in WOD"
Penile Horde zuljin
<a href=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981608215#new-post/>yeah</a>
I would be more than willing to help out! I'm available evenings after 7 most of the time, send me an in-game mail if I'm not on at that time and I'll get back to you!

Realm: Trollbane
Characters: Manthila, Deirdrave, Verinne, Gynevra, Narmorcence
Looking for a little help on what to do. Currently level 70 but haven't played in 5 years due to a serious health issue, trying to get back into it but everything is so different.

Realm: Aggramar
Character: Kratos
09/23/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Kratos
Looking for a little help on what to do. Currently level 70 but haven't played in 5 years due to a serious health issue, trying to get back into it but everything is so different.

Realm: Aggramar
Character: Kratos

This thread is designed more along the lines of having people who want to help post their info while people who are looking for help can peruse the list of volunteers to add to their friends list. It looks as though there are no volunteers from your server, so I'd suggest setting up your battletag id in case you have not already done so. Here's a link to Blizzard's page explaining what battletag is and how to do it:
http://us.battle.net/en/realid/
It's quick and easy, and will enable you to speak and group up with players from different servers. When you see names that look like this:
Gnomestalker (Evilknievel#1514)
it means the first name is the character's name the person usually plays on, while the second name in parentheses is the battletag. You will add the second name just as you see it to your friends list. This enables people to communicate with you no matter what character either of you are on, so only give it to people you want to be talking with you.
Would it be feasible for us to also add any servers connected with ours when we submit our toons' names? I'm on the list for Magtheridon already, but Magtheridon is also connected with Altar of Storms, Anetheron, and Ysondre. Even though I'm on Mag new players from those other servers are basically on the same server as me anyways.
Nobody is listed for Feathermoon on Horde side...my guild specializes in helping people out, including new players.

Realm: Feathermoon
Faction: Horde
Character: Brightclouds
Willing to take on a new player.

Stormrage
Alliance
Colecovision
10/01/2014 09:24 PMPosted by Gnomestalker
Would it be feasible for us to also add any servers connected with ours when we submit our toons' names? I'm on the list for Magtheridon already, but Magtheridon is also connected with Altar of Storms, Anetheron, and Ysondre. Even though I'm on Mag new players from those other servers are basically on the same server as me anyways.

I don't know if it would be very easy for me to keep track of that, as I would have to constantly look up which servers are connected to which others. I am also in the position of having to be stingy with post space because of character limits in each post; adding a name to multiple servers would just max out the list even faster. (This is why I got rid of adding people's alts in the list a while back.)

Not to mention that if someone decided to server transfer/faction transfer/name change/quit/etc. without telling me, it would become even more complicated to keep track of every instance of that character's name in the list. I used to prune the list every couple of months for inactivity and unreported server/name/faction changes, but with my busy life and the fact that the armory has been unreliable due to realm connections, I have not been able to do that. I imagine there are a lot of inactive mentor names on the list right now. :\

I added a link to the blog post about Connected Realms back when they were first being merged, and I encourage anyone trying to decide where to create a character to look at the Connected Realm list. If a mentor is on one realm, hopefully players can take note of the fact that the realm is connected to others by reading the list.

I know that not everyone will do that, but it's the best I can do without complicating the list any further. :)

Thank you for the question!
10/09/2014 09:18 PMPosted by Cerylia
but with my busy life and the fact that the armory has been unreliable due to realm connections, I have not been able to do that.

Ok, well if there's any way I could help you out with the list just let me know. I'm disabled and therefore have a lot of free time on my hands. Feel free to add me in game if that will help at all.
Hello there! I do not mind helping others at all. It may be unlikely that i can actually run you through places because i do keep busy but i am on often. I can give my wisdom to anyone that is new or just has questions in general about the game. You do not have to be on the same realm if all you are looking for are questions to the game.

Main:Bobbyxs

Battle.net: Bobbyx#1694

Faction:alliance

Realm: Zangarmarsh
Hey! I love helping people out! I am on all the time!
Mains : mellamonk on zul'jin
Mightymella on coil fang

Faction: horde

Battle tag: mella#1829
Mightymella on coil fang

Mightymella on coil fang

Helping new (or returning) players is my middle name!

Server: Saurfang

Battle tag: allamera#1473

I'm on all sorts of hours of the day. If I'm AFK, chances are I'll be back soon :P
Hay! I love helping people, from explaining basic mechanics like mastery, to explaining complicated raid achievements! Been playing since original release so I am fairly knowledgeable. (however anything that is horde specific I am little less knowledgeable about.)

Server is:
Lightbringer for Alliance
Bleeding Hollow for Horde

Both characters are named: Sether

Battle tag is: Sether#1909

(P.S. I haven't been able to post on the forums as my main for months and months. My character select for the forums has been messed up for ages and it was never fixed /sigh)