The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

Priest
Prev 1 51 52 53
Train the Disc priest in 4.0.6 pvp.

Were still gonna get wiped by melee. Its just going to take .000001 more seconds to down us with a more expensive and thicker bubble.
So many posts about PvE.... this thread is about PvP. PvE Priest is fine, awesome, love it. PvP is the issue, and we're in a very bad place.

I'm sad to see that the mobility fix comes in the form of forcing us into the 4 piece, nice idea, but make it passive or something.

I'm excited for some of the changes though, lets see how it feels.
I'm quitting my priest. It's a shame, I loved it in Lich King, but priests are so bad right now it just frustrates the **** out of me. Forget this ****.
I think only being lvl 83, it may be a little early to be jumping to that conclusion. I'm a little frustrated myself with what i'm seeing . I think that just boils down to learning the new style of play with the class. Also a feel a little to much hate is being tossed around. Give it time. Its the start of a new expansion, hardly enough time for all the kinks to be worked out.

That being said, i have one question. I have only run one dungeon thus far so i have not been able to check (to lazy to hit a dummy) but has clipping our dots been removed from the class mechanics?
01/11/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Panicpusher
I think only being lvl 83, it may be a little early to be jumping to that conclusion. I'm a little frustrated myself with what i'm seeing . I think that just boils down to learning the new style of play with the class. Also a feel a little to much hate is being tossed around. Give it time. Its the start of a new expansion, hardly enough time for all the kinks to be worked out.

That being said, i have one question. I have only run one dungeon thus far so i have not been able to check (to lazy to hit a dummy) but has clipping our dots been removed from the class mechanics?

I had this same attitude while leveling, and to be honest I don't think it's quite as bad as people are saying (ie. the class is still decent actually,) but when you actually play 85 and see the numbers, you can't help but shake your head and wonder if Blizzard had anyone at all play a Priest at 85.

Penance just heals for such a low amount for an ability on such a long cooldown. Shields were absorbing a rather pitiful amount, though I think the buffs will largely resolve this. And just in general, Disc and Shadow Priests got nothing new going into 85. Leap of Faith is the only real difference I feel playing at 85 versus 80. I mean Disc Priests literally got nothing new or exciting in terms of talents. They play exactly the same, just a whole lot weaker.

Holy Priests are pretty decent right now in PvP, but the Chastise nerf isn't doing us any favors. The big problem with Body and Soul is that it doesn't do anything about snares, so the new 4 piece might make Holy Priests very slippery. They're still very susceptible to stun though.

When all is said and done, I think the changes for the most part are on the right track. We still need more though, especially Disc and Shadow. Shadow only got Apparitions from 80 to 85, and Disc is seriously the exact same class, as you don't use Attonement in PvP.

Oh, and why is that Priests and Druids STILL have to talent to reduce the cast time of their big heal? I thought the point was to remove talents like that which felt mandatory and 'unfun.' Our abilities should be baseline as fast as with the talent, and replaced with some better survivability tool.
Penance with 3 crits only heals for 24-30k-ish.. it makes me sad. A crit with flash heal can heal from 27-34k. The only thing I use Penance for is to get the 3 stack to increase my healing. Bubbles shield for about 9-12k which is under 10% of the players HP, which is sad, since they only negate one attack. However, you can spec for theoretically 100% up time on your bubble. But seeing how we have to rely on the PvP trinket to get us out of stuns, snares, and other movement impairing effects 100% is impossible. Also, we lost a lot of needed PvP talents (reduced stun, silence and snare effects by 15% and the reduction in cast time lost when damaged by 35%). I hardly see how priests are comparable to other classes when it comes to healing. We are in a slum all of our own. Pallies get an aura that reduces cast time and have stun and "omg" bubble and a very powerful instant cast (with 30% chance of being able to do it again..). Druids can shapeshift out of almost everything besides stuns and fears or pop thorns (with glyph they can recast seconds after it expires). Priests are stuck with what? A reflective bubble that will only do 5k dmg for every bubble you cast on yourself.. Potentially, great but casting "Heal" to reduce the CD of weaken soul 3 times to remove it takes about 6secs, 2 secs per cast, add in cast reduction due to damage and you are looking about 12 secs. Those 12secs provide 25k heals, maybe.. bubble and repeat. Add stacking stuns, snares, and silences you get a very dead priest.
I didn't even touch on shamans.. OP much.
Priests NEED dispel protection. The current effort needs to be examined.
it's been 9 weeks and we're till waiting for a patch

why hasn't there been a hotfix?
02/02/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Occidomortem
it's been 9 weeks and we're till waiting for a patch

why hasn't there been a hotfix?

Why did you pick this thread of all threads to revive? You fail at life. Don't revive a dead thread like this. This thread was mostly before cata even went live.

FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
I agree with alot of what is being said on here. But at the same time. I (from my own experiances) have found that most priests who know what the are doing EASILLY top charts. I mean when you start to oom just put a shadow fiend out there cap your mana pool back up, stay efficient, then hymn of hope. Thats how it has worked for me. I only oom occasionally but usually its when some moron "stands in the fire". The only problem ive had is the PW S is only worth using for mana regen now. What is it.. 4k to cast and 6k mana in return.

As for pvp.. yea priests suck. The only way we can be somewhat of a threat is in archangel spamming mind spike. FAIL MUCH? Disc is worthless in pvp. Holy can do the most healing but once a dps sees a priest running around with glowing hands... good game folks.

I miss the days when priests were considered the absolute go to heal class. Pre-BC. It would just be a shame to see priests fall from what should the best healer in the game to nothing more than a minor healer compared to paladins and druids and shamans. Hopefully Blizz sees that the ONLY class with two dedicated healing trees should be givin the ability to stand up next to other healers in PvP.
11/08/2010 1:14 PMPosted by Nuba
Priest healers are at this moment unplayable, if you have beta and you play priest you will understand what I say, compared to other healers right now we go oom the faster, our healing output is weaker than any other healer in game, and our mana is very very poor while the only good side of the priest (which is the ability to be a DPSer in some cases rather than just a healer) is destroyed by the fact priests in beta have the worst surverability in game as well as worst mobility which makes going offensive even with the best of the peels, undoable.
I will side the teh mobility and survivability, and by beta a guess u mean ptr, but atm im healing fine in holy, and only go oom when i have to start using a lot of aoe heals to bring (usually stupid) dps up from aoe, or the tank starts getting low and i need to use flash heal/greater heal to bring him/her up because id like to save guardian spirit.
02/07/2011 7:04 AMPosted by Assann
I will side the teh mobility and survivability, and by beta a guess u mean ptr, but atm im healing fine in holy, and only go oom when i have to start using a lot of aoe heals to bring (usually stupid) dps up from aoe, or the tank starts getting low and i need to use flash heal/greater heal to bring him/her up because id like to save guardian spirit.

No he meant beta, look at the date stamp. 11/8/2010. Stop reviving this dead thread. Blue can you lock this thread please it's way past it's point it was in reference to BETA.
Idk what blizz was thinking making the disc tree so dependant on Smite and Heal. Did they really intend disc priests to use Heal in a pvp setting? If so, they know nothing about priests. And whats with Evangelism and Archangel? Its put in the disc tree as if any non pve healing priest really wants it. 95% of the priests who even use it are shadow. If you wanted to make a ability that would be useless for healers, but useful for shadow, then make it a shadow talent! Its a waste of space in the disc tree. Unless the ability gets changed it wont be in any healing priests spec in 4.0.6 (which needs to come badly). Not to mention since Archangel is useless for healing in pvp we rely way too heavily on our pet for mana. To make the pet as reliable as it should, the shadowfiend needs to be almost immune to everything around it like snares and spells. Similar to the shadowfiend in BC. Not to mention the only real utility priests even received in cata was Leap of Faith. Its a great spell, but its all we got. Our class didnt get anything fancy like holy power or a new dispell, instead we got Archangel, Leap of Faith, and probably the most useless mastery ever. In arena as disc, I feel like a baby fighting Mike Tyson. But thats just my observation of the spec and gameplay. These problems should have been addressed in the Beta or at least soon after people hit 85. And the longer the patch takes to come out, the longer we have to wait for a problem that should be fixed.

Im talking mostly about pvp, I don't have a big knowledge of pve
02/07/2011 8:46 AMPosted by Joobala

No he meant beta, look at the date stamp. 11/8/2010. Stop reviving this dead thread. Blue can you lock this thread please it's way past it's point it was in reference to BETA.

the issues in beta weren't addressed so if the problems remain so should this thread