What's with Paladin armor lately?

Paladin
I can't be the only one who feels like Paladins are getting the short end of the plate wearing stick increasingly often.
I'm going to assess different Paladin sets.

Paladin Malevolent Gladiator:
Our armor designers seem to frequently forget that we're not Mages. This set is a startling confirmation of that fact.
In the meantime, the set that should have been ours, with the crested helmet and winged shoulders, was given to warriors... How would Warriors have felt if they'd received this Mage set while we got the cool looking crested helmet set?... Yeah, well we hate it too.

Here's a little secret, Blizz: If Warriors or DKs would hate wearing a given armor set, then Paladins will hate it too! There are no exceptions to this, save the obviously 'paladin themed' sets, like Lightbringer. (a great set, btw) Stop dressing us like Mages.
Immolation is another example of a Mage set which was instead given to paladins.

Paladin Tyrannical Gladiator:
Not as bad but you still missed the mark. We are not Rogues and we're not interested being dressed as rogues. This is a cool looking set. But this is not a Paladin set.
To be fair though, all of the sets of this season look pretty wide-of-the-mark and unremarkable, sadly. So at least we're not suffering alone.

Season 14 Paladin:
Wonderful! Finally we're given a set that looks tough and plate armory as well as crusadery. Cross on the face. Sha ice on the fringe. Paladin armor designer on this one is finally getting it.
More like this, we beg you.

Tier 15: Lightning Emperor:
Is a travesty. There is nothing in this set that makes it readily identifiable as a paladin set other the fact that it looks terrible. Until this set emerged, I thought Justicar and Crystalforge would never be surpassed in gayness, with their hot pinks and lavenders.
Lightning Emperor has proven me wrong.
Once again you give us that stupid beak nose helmet. This set just has no design. The other plate wearers were given readily identifiable themes. This set is just a random mishmash of exaggerated ornateness. Why not give this set to Warriors or DKs? Because they would hate it? This set would be as relevant to their design philosophy as it is to ours. I REALLY hope you guys give up on the whole "Paladin = bird!" thing, it got old back during Cataclysm.

Tier 16:
Oh... You thought we'd enjoy being dressed as both a mage AND a bird! The two things we're most sick of.
This set is remarkably reminiscent of a Cataclysm set called "Firehawk". Which class did that set belong to again... Oh that's right, THE MAGE!
In all honesty, The T16 helmet and shoulders would look great for Paladins. Sadly the rest of the set appears to consist of a cloth robe and cloth gloves.

To sum up: Stop dressing us as Mages. Stop dressing us as gay Mardi Gras performers. We get the whole American thing of Eagle = Divine Justice, but it's been done to death for Paladins. Please shift toward the Crusader/Holy Warrior aspect instead.

Also, we would enjoy a measure of duplicity such as Priests have been given. Healing = magic of the light. DPS = Darker, angrier theme.
...What about the Malevolent set looks mage-like? If I had to guess without knowing just by looking at it, I'd say monk (green spheres and paper charms). But parts of it are clearly plate.

T16: Angels. Seriously. There are glowing golden angel feathers. Nothing else remotely resembles a bird. And, again, obvious plate pieces, including most of the robe. Of all of the MoP paladin sets, T16 is by far the most paladin-like set.
09/04/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Avvo
Stop dressing us as gay Mardi Gras performers.

Hilariously ironic coming from a Blood Elf.
Transmog if you don't like it. Can't believe people are complaining about this crap.
Plate dresses 4 LIFE!
Seriously, this is what I love most about Paladins, and I'm so happy I can transmog the very stylish set I'm wearing now.

I agree though that armor sets have been very, very ugly in this game for a long time. Paladin T16 actually looks pretty sweet though, except for the colors.
09/04/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Stop dressing us as gay Mardi Gras performers.

Hilariously ironic coming from a Blood Elf.

That stereotype is as overused as the stereotype of all dwarves being drunks.

Let it go.
Paladin Malevolent Gladiator:
Our armor designers seem to frequently forget that we're not pagodas
None of the sets this expansion have been that good for any class. I wish they'd do more class themed sets rather than the random crap we found in the raid sets.
Tier 16:
Oh... You thought we'd enjoy being dressed as both a mage AND a bird! The two things we're most sick of.
This set is remarkably reminiscent of a Cataclysm set called "Firehawk". Which class did that set belong to again... Oh that's right, THE MAGE!
In all honesty, The T16 helmet and shoulders would look great for Paladins. Sadly the rest of the set appears to consist of a cloth robe and cloth gloves.

Tier 16 is awesome and very reminiscent of the Templar Knight standard ceremonial dress.

Very fitting for Paladins.

OP remember : your opinion is just that, your opinion. And it's probably bad.
I like the idea of having the robe look for paladins, but I would like to see some better texture on it. I hate looking like I'm wearing cloth, something to make it actually look like plate would be greatly appreciated.
09/04/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Zhoe
I like the idea of having the robe look for paladins, but I would like to see some better texture on it.

Most of the robes are poorly textured, or rendered in a way that you can't tell that they're actually segmented plate mail, because our robes actually have very little visible cloth but many of them look fairly clothy.

Also, you look like if Gulliver stood up inside a pagoda.
I have always enjoyed paladin robes, pretty dress hides footwork. I actually liked the Paladin Malevolent look, with the big shoulders and around the neck helm thing--it's something to wear when you don't want to be stabbed in the neck, a gorget.

I dislike how the Dreadful/Mal armor put the healers in pants and the non-healers in robes. :/

The PVE sets have been indistinct and forgettable travesties with too much texture and no actual strong design foundation.
09/04/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Cayse
I like the idea of having the robe look for paladins, but I would like to see some better texture on it.

Most of the robes are poorly textured, or rendered in a way that you can't tell that they're actually segmented plate mail, because our robes actually have very little visible cloth but many of them look fairly clothy.

Also, you look like if Gulliver stood up inside a pagoda.

Yeah, WoW's graphics engine doesn't allow for how the armor "should" look. This drawing http://www.paperspencils.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Paladin_Tier_2_Judgement_set_by_peetietang.jpg does a pretty good job of showing what T2 would "really" look like - segmented pieces of platemail and cloth, rather than one solid hunk.

I played WoW for many years before I really "got" what T2 armor was - I never quite understood how it was a solid robe yet also plate, but then I examined the texture closely and a lightbulb went on over my head when I realized it was plate legs, platemail "skirt", and separate pieces of cloth (like a tabard). Similar to this, I think: http://paizo.com/image/content/RiseOfTheRunelords/Pathfinder7_Paladin.jpg
The only paladin set this xpac I don't like is Tyrannical. It looks like plastic and spray paint. I'm so jealous of the DK tyrannical set. I want that plated hood. SO BAD.

I LOVE Lightning Emperor and Winged Triumph.
I don't know what your talking...T16 is the greatest set since Ulduar.
I like most of the Paladin stuff this expansion, as you can see from my transmog.

T14 Looks like the white power ranger which is awesome, and T16 looks like a mix between T2 and T6 which are the most popular of the paladin sets but still looks unique enough to keep its own identity. Though I will be turning off the helm.
They must be running out of Ideas or something. The paladin gear has been ugly since Cataclysm. Thank god for transmog. I don't care what they release now because I just transmog it into my beautiful outfit I have now.

BUT I DO AGREE, THEY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER BECAUSE THESE UGLY CRAP ARMOR SETS FOR PALADINS ARE TERRIBLE.

And it's been so bad in MoP it's not even funny. All of the challenge mode gear is ugly too with the exemption of Paladin, Warlock, and mage.

Poor designers, their well of creativity has run dry. Po babies...

BTW: Can anyone tell me what's cute about this garbage?

http://wow.mmozone.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/paladin-t16-patch54.jpg