Saylin Battle Banner disabled in raids

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used to avoid a complete wipe, mass res and save some time. Stealth change or bug?
The Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used inside of raid instances. The item can still be used in regular dungeons, Scenarios, and in non-instanced areas.
Thank goodness they changed that! Some bad times in LFR because of that. : (

Gee thanks. We used this to try to sneak in some wipe recovery, but hey if it makes LFR cry then it must be stamped out.
Wow, fast reply. Any reason for the change?

Some bad times in LFR because of that. : (

Care to elaborate on "bad times"? I just don't see how.

The Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used inside of raid instances. The item can still be used in regular dungeons and in non-instanced areas.

Seriously disappointing.
09/03/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Zelinei

The change was made to address a raid exploit.
I recall said item being able to drag all the puddles on Ji-kun. Really annoying when they all gather and start charging you.
It got used a few times in LFR runs that I was in for general "trolling" ("lol you blew your cooldowns"). But...
09/03/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Rygarius

THAT would be why we can't have nice things.
"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" -- Sokka
"You make it too easy!" -- Toph

You mean besides the obvious? This isn't the first 'toy' to be adjusted, won't be the last.

I think the summoned saurok likely got tired of being summoned in as bait in raids, and has taken up a policy of avoiding these types of places in the future. He'll still be happy(?) to help you out, but only if it's somewhere his immediate death isn't assured
Care to elaborate on "bad times"? I just don't see how.

I was in a raid with a couple guys who had the item using it to pull mobs all over the place on Tortos (which wiped us) and then started the Megaera encounter when only like 5 people were there (another wipe).
Kind of ruins the point of it IMO
i am sad at the change... cant laugh when someone does it but it is for the greater good of the game so i guess that is a good thing.

Any thought of applying it only to the current raid zones though. A flat disable in ANY raid seems too punitive, especially considering some boss solo strats literally use the banner as part of the strat.

Damnit, it was fun while it lasted. :(

If you're able to answer, was it a specific exploit, or just covering many small nuisances? (or both?)

I used to use it for dropping my threat during progression, so I wouldn't get mauled during berserk -- much like in Cata -- specifically Chimeron, hunters would Distracting Shot, Deterrence, then Feign Death to buy the raid a precious bit of time (right before berserk). I would be able to rocket boost away, banner right before the boss go in range, and buy some time. (used this of Horridon specifically.)
it is something they do not want to discuss probably then we would have people doing that particular exploit and probably getting punished for it.

something that is best unsaid just straight to the point because that banner can still be used in raids. probably not after tuesday.

Said exploit wasn't the attempted wipe recovery was it..?
Unfortunately, this makes it to where when one solo Yogg-Saron 25 no lights for the mount, instead of having a shot at an attempt once per 10 minutes, you instead have to keep trying until you get an attempt where you DONT get instant-insane.

Possible 5.4 change to prevent Psycosis spamming on players in 25 man Yogg Saron? (Perhaps change it to a volley type, one bolt per 3 seconds that hit x number of players instead of the insane spammage.
09/03/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Omegal
Any thought of applying it only to the current raid zones though. A flat disable in ANY raid seems too punitive, especially considering some boss solo strats literally use the banner as part of the strat.

Damnit, it was fun while it lasted. :(

If you're able to answer, was it a specific exploit, or just covering many small nuisances? (or both?)

I used to use it for dropping my threat during progression, so I wouldn't get mauled during berserk -- much like in Cata -- specifically Chimeron, hunters would Distracting Shot, Deterrence, then Feign Death to buy the raid a precious bit of time (right before berserk). I would be able to rocket boost away, banner right before the boss go in range, and buy some time. (used this of Horridon specifically.)

We can't comment on specifics. But I'll keep an eye on the change affecting attempts on raid content from previous expansions.