Timeless Isle

General Discussion
So, I hopped on the PTR last night to get an idea of what to expect from the Timeless Isle when I log in tonight ... and well it doesn't look like there is much there.

Is it really just farming mobs? Seems they wen't Diablo on us ...
And let the complaining for the sake of complaining begin!!!!
People start to complain about 5.4 when it's not even out yet.
09/10/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Laurapetri
wen't
Farming mobs? You mean like the 10,000 other zones? I'm shocked.
People wanted a way to grind until their eyeballs bled out from their empty sockets in order to gear up.

Blizzard created the Timeless Isle.

And the best part is you don't even have to be at the mercy of dungeon finder queues! Hooray!
5 world bosses, 40 vanity items, 3 mounts, an array of battle pets, hidden chests, 15+ rare spawn mobs, an intricate quest hub, a pet battle championship.

Yeh its just farming mobs.
5 world bosses, 40 vanity items, 3 mounts, an array of battle pets, hidden chests, 15+ rare spawn mobs, an intricate quest hub, a pet battle championship.

Hurray I'm going to be farming mounts!....

Wait I did that already >:|

Patch 5.4 adds Speaker Gulan, who will sell you a Censer of Eternal Agony, which allows you to become hostile to all players (including your own faction) and kill them for Bloody Coins, which are used to purchase the items below.

Aahahahhahahahaha

neat
Its a whole different take on the game. We are supposed to EXPLORE for the sake of exploring and we will run into things BY ACCIDENT that will be rewarding. Its not quest driven at all. It really is a breath of fresh air.
so you looked around for a few minutes last night and decided you had seen all the timeless isle had to offer, huh?

I certainly didn't see an "intricate quest hub", was that where the explore the island, and pet battle quest was? Looking through wowhead, I don't see new quests that indicate an "intricate quest hub" either.

Its a whole different take on the game. We are supposed to EXPLORE for the sake of exploring and we will run into things BY ACCIDENT that will be rewarding. Its not quest driven at all. It really is a breath of fresh air.

The Island isn't that big ... It doesn't take long to explore it.
09/10/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Coolfaise

more like kill 20 mobs and get 20g, and some other currency, repeat 25 times. where as diablo is kill everything you see for a few hours and sell it to a vendor.
WOOT killing our own faction for fun!!! and coins YEAH!!!!!

Cant wait for the whispers.

09/10/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Andhar

Cant wait for the whispers.

The hate tells are what I loved the most about Age of Conan and UO.
I was excited for this to come knowing I could explore and learn my class. However that has now changed. My toons on a pvp realm will never have a chance to do any of that because they will be to busy dying from the other side. I died 100 times by the FP without even getting the first quest for there. I know pvp realms are suppost to be alot of ganking but this is unreal. The isle should be a safe zone where neither side can attack the other so people can explore and learn their classes. I can see why people are fed up with Blizzard my hopes just got dashed and I might decide to leave also.
The Timeless Isle on my server is a mess. It's so laggy that you literally can't do anything.
I was excited for this to come knowing I could explore and learn my class. However that has now changed. My toons on a pvp realm will never have a chance to do any of that because they will be to busy dying from the other side. I died 100 times by the FP without even getting the first quest for there. I know pvp realms are suppost to be alot of ganking but this is unreal. The isle should be a safe zone where neither side can attack the other so people can explore and learn their classes. I can see why people are fed up with Blizzard my hopes just got dashed and I might decide to leave also.

You are going to the timeless Isle to Learn your class!?? You've got the wrong idea.