Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
Blizzard must have a reason for making them so prohibitively expensive. I can't possibly see what is though. Surely they will realize this is a mistake when their stats show nobody is buying them?
09/11/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Karadine
Easy "fix" is for Blizzard to add Mogu runes as drops on the Timeless Isle, all mobs, all chests.

There's probably not a strong lore reason for that. But I don't see why they couldn't add them to mobs and chests on Isle of Thunder and the Troves of the Thunder King scenario. This would let IoT be the one-stop shop for all the back-level charms.

I think this would be a good resolution.

maybe make it 1000 per coin?

This would be a fine half-measure as well.
Actually Bashiok's comment has some problems. I won't repost it, but he seems to imply Blizzard was worried people were just going to keep doing ToT LFR instead of jumping into SoO. Of course people are actually going to largely abandon ToT as soon as SoO LFR becomes available.

Elder Runes are too hard to get on Isle of Thunder? They are actually much easier to get than extremely expensive Mogu Runes on Timeless Isle.

2500 coins takes quite a bit of grinding to get. There are much better things to spend those coins on than a consumable which is only useable in old content.

"simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate"
Running around killing things and looking for chests etc looks like it could get boring fast. This comment seems to imply they expect people to get so engrossed they will happily spend hours and hours without even realizing it and then realize they've accumulated thousands of coins, and decide they have nothing better to spend them on than a few mogu charms. I can't see that happening.
Also this is the second time they chopped Lore's legs off by directly contradicting him

They have pretty much killed his value as community rep
Weapons, but also pets. It does seem perverse to take the time to make pets possible through bonus rolls, then make getting those rolls so costly almost no one will get them.
09/11/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Lilincia
Thank you Blizzard for completly making it a HUGE time sink to gear up in ToT now. Why in the blue hell would you make the price for a single rune 2500 coins? Before anyone says the coins are very easy to get, that is not the point here. Getting 2500 coins for 1 rune is really too long. I would rather spend 50 lesser charms to get 3 like it was before, time invested vs rewards then was at least higher.
I don't think you understand that the monkey boxes can give you up to 1000 coins. Saying it's "easy to earn coins" is an extreme understatement.

I won't mind buying runes if I feel like it. Monkey is in my favor.
Gotta love the kids that want hand outs. Quit complaining about the work you need to put forth in order to get gear.

Do you debate with your job that work should be easier to earn a paycheck? Seriously, no ones forcing you to do dailies for extra rolls on gear. I mean come on the possibility of two purples off one boss I think the dailies or coin farming involved with obtaining the coins is completely fair, if you don't like it don't do it...

Obtaining gear now a days is a cake walk compared to Vanilla...
Well, I was going to do ToT LFR on some alts while waiting SoO LFR to open up, but without a better way to get Mogu runes of fate, I'm just going to skip ToT LFR (which is too bad, imo). So, I'll tend my farm for crafting mats, hit the Isle a few times for armor tokens for my alts and be done with it. Which is too bad, imo.

It doesn't seem I'm the only one who feels that running ToT LFR to not be worth it without a better way of getting Mogu runes of fate. Purchasing them at the current cost isn't worth the time/effort, imo.
09/11/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Synfulminded
Do you debate with your job that work should be easier to earn a paycheck?

Many people do, in fact, argue with their bosses when it comes to trying to organize and simplify processes in order to simplify and streamline their jobs.
Agree. Either make the runes for ToT dirt cheap/easy to get OR alts will skip ToT altogether.

The ToT LFR will become a wasteland full of tumbleweed!
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

Speaking of all that 496 gear available from items on the Timeless Isle. Is it intended that they disenchant into full Sha Crystals and not the new lesser Sha Crystals? They are pretty abundant.

They are also really spammy in guild news, could you perhaps make the unbound tokens not show up? At least until they're turned into actual gear?
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

When I saw Mogu Runes of Fate cost 2500 Timeless Coins to purchase, I honestly thought someone accidentally added a "0" by mistake. Two Thousand Five Hundred coins...for one token to use on what should now be deemed "old content", this is crazy talk.

There was virtually no randomness in Elder Charms of Good Fortune on the Isle of Thunder. The only difficult thing about it was getting a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen to drop, which only took killing a rare or two. Then you could cap your Elder Charms in three minutes inside Troves of the Thunder King in just the first room. This is how it should be, easy - it's old content now. Now, one Mogu Rune of Fate costs virtually 10x as much in terms of time as twenty Elder Charms of Good Fortune. That makes sense?

Sure, 496 ilvl gear is easy to get on the Isle, but what are you preparing people for? SoO LFR? SoO Flex? Because I really wouldn't choose to take someone into SoO normal with an ilvl that low unless I knew they could perform extremely well.

Make the Mogu Runes of Fate cheaper...significantly cheaper (like, remove a 0), for people that would like to gear up in ToT normal and move into SoO normal. Or perhaps to fill out a slot they missed out on in the previous tier while they wait for another upgrade in SoO. Or to farm the ToT pets that have absurdly(!!!) low drop rates (they were added to the boss loot tables, right? Riiiiiight??).

Please, just do it.
I need a new weapon, I need a new staff. There are no new staves on the Island but there are in TOT. I need coins to get past the horrible RNG because you refuse to make valor weps or to make new staves available. The one I have Is 476.

I need mogu runes because I have had rotten luck and Blizzard has made no new caster weapons outside ToT.

I am not taking this useless 5.0 weapon into the new content and I have been running for weeks to try and get the staff to drop.....and there ARE no other places to get them.

Armour fine, but I don't need more armour, I need a new weapon.

Bashiok that tears a gaping hole in my dps as a result . Please don't tell me there there are new weapons in the Siege because that's more RNG.

I need mogu runes or you need to make a new staff for casters outside ToT.
I don't understand the disparity between Elder Charms in 5.2 and Mogu Runes in 5.4. The Troves of the Thunder King scenario easily provides 15 elder charms in five minutes. Very often I cap out in the scenario and end up with 20 elder charms and 4+ Burial Trove Keys. I can quite easily get 27+ charms in less than 10 minutes when you add in the Incantation that drops.

Mogu Runes, in contrast, take approximately an hour per rune. I think a couple of suggestions in this thread hit the nail on the head:

1) Reduce the cost to 250 timeless coins per rune.

or

2) Add or substantially increase Mogu Runes of Fate in the Troves of the Treasure King Scenario. I have gotten a Mogu Rune in there before, so it can't be that difficult to just up the drop rate significantly.

I would like to see #2 implemented, but either would be a fine adjustment.
I don't have any Trove keys so that sends me back to Thunder Island to get one...that's even worse.

Drop the cost of Mogu runes to 250 coins makes the most sense here.

I still don't get it...WHY gate weapons for a class behind RNG and then take away the only way to get one? With NO viable alternative?? I could run ToT for a year and never get one.

Blizz....valor 502 staves as an alternative....?
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.
Thank you for that. I appreciate it.
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.

Its not just that they are too expensive and they are..

Its that we were told by lore there would be other methods of getting them, as well as the preview article.

I can dig up the post if you would like

A good change.