Gold Proving Grounds (Damage)

General Discussion
It is way too easy. I finished it on my 2nd try only failing the first time because I used my CD's on the wrong wave.

I thought Gold is supposed to be hard and prove skill.....?
You are wearing challenge mode gear.

I'm not sure the Proving Grounds are meant for you.
Actually endless is suppose to be hard and prove skill. Go get the achievement for 30 waves on that.
It is way too easy. I finished it on my 2nd try only failing the first time because I used my CD's on the wrong wave.

most of your gear is heroic/reg ToT. Proving Grounds is meant to be a place to test your build and serve in a way as a gearcheck. For me, I sort of skirt by until by 7-8 wave and end up running out of time. Checking those who got gold, either got Reg/heroic ToT gear. For me (being in a majority of LFR gear) might want to hit the Reg ToT/Flex SoO to get higher DPS

most of your gear is heroic/reg ToT. Proving Grounds is meant to be a place to test your build and serve in a way as a gearcheck. For me, I sort of skirt by until by 7-8 wave and end up running out of time. Checking those who got gold, either got Reg/heroic ToT gear. For me (being in a majority of LFR gear) might want to hit the Reg ToT/Flex SoO to get higher DPS

Proving grounds scale your gear down
ITT: Someone complains on patch day.
but it scales down to 463 so like why would it matter if my gears 500+ or 480+

It still gets scaled down.

Proving grounds scale your gear down

oh, then in a way, our buddy is in Challenge mode gear which sort of puts it...I'm guessing either I need to get help or i'm doing it way wrong on wave 7-8 :\
gold is faceroll until you get to the sha adds and then its simple, wait until shield is down, pop CDs

GG.
Proving grounds is meant to provide an environment for players to try a role that they are not familiar with without the pressures of not wanting to let a group down. Looking at your achievements, you are obviously an accomplished DPS'er, so:

I'm not sure the Proving Grounds are meant for you.
You probably are better than the PGs, anyway.
ranged class? check.
permanent pet? check.
most retarded spec of said ranged pet class? check.

Pick up a less autopilot class and see if it's still as simple.

I really wish they'd made instances tuned to specs for the dps challenges.
I'm in that derp class mentioned by Tyiako so I feel justified in asking a stupid question. What are those numbers under the guild name? I did bronze and silver with no issues and tried the gold once at 3 am but didn't take it seriously since I was tired. What gear level is needed/recommended? I haven't done heroics or lfr yet
#1 NECRO thread. check the date on threads before posting, the information related to the old proving grounds and the new one is not the same necessarily.
#2 the numbers under guild name on the forums? achievement points unless im grossly mistaken.