Legendary cloak and blizz

General Discussion
1 2 3 20 Next
blizz seems to think its funny to close off half of the timeless isle to anyone without the legendary cloak
It's one area, not half. Go get your cloak if it cheeses you off that much.
I gave up on the legendary quest, but honestly I don't mind that people who put the time in get first crack at some content. That said, I hope a couple of months down the road they open it up to everybody.
I hope a couple of months down the road they open it up to everybody.

I really hope they don't. That would be unfair to those of us who actually earned it.

Why was this post reported?

Probably trolling.
Is the cloak still obtainable? After all these years, the exclusivity is finally becoming insurmountable...
09/10/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Davin
Is the cloak still obtainable?

The legendary version of the cloak just became obtainable today.
Is the cloak still obtainable? After all these years, the exclusivity is finally becoming insurmountable

Sure is. All you had to do was run LFR and do a few quests and you get a legendary cloak. Pretty cool.

I must say it was a little amusing watching people get invited to an Ordos raid and complaining about a summon because they couldn't cross the gap.

Top notch laughs.
09/10/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Rainfell
Is the cloak still obtainable?

The legendary version of the cloak just became obtainable today.

09/10/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Peer
Is the cloak still obtainable? After all these years, the exclusivity is finally becoming insurmountable

Sure is. All you had to do was run LFR and do a few quests and you get a legendary cloak. Pretty cool.

Thank goodness.. I was so disappointed to find out that the Horde Breaker title is no longer available. It's a shame that even with this new phasing technology, we eventually have world events that we miss out on. :/
blizz seems to think its funny to close off half of the timeless isle to anyone without the legendary cloak

It is correct that you need the legendary cloak to fight Fire-God Ordos. It's not half of the Timeless Isle. It's one boss -- literally one thing on the isle you can't access without the legendary cloak. You can still get to the area surrounding Ordos using the Albatrosses.

It wasn't designed this way to give us a laugh. The vast majority of the Timeless Isle is open to everyone at level 90, including the four celestials you can fight.

We feel that rewarding those who have invested time into the entire legendary quest chain with access to fight Ordos is justifiable. He's analogous to Oondasta and Galleon in terms of difficulty and loot quality, but isn't just another really rare spawn that can be zerged by everyone in the area, or friends being invited and summoned in.

The original implementations of Galleon and Oondasta were both a little problematic. We wanted to try out a different type of barrier to entry for players who want to fight this boss. And it's fitting that the people who have progressed through the legendary quest chain as it's unfolded, and completed the chain as soon as it was possible to do so (today), get access to him first.

After all, if you haven't been working on the legendary quest chain and/or aren't all that into raiding, it's probably not super important for you to fight this particular raid boss on the first day he's even in the game.

Fortunately you can still complete the legendary quest chain if you want access to the inner-sanctum where Ordos is hanging out (the area you defined as "half of the Timeless Isle"). And it's still perfectly viable to complete the quest chain with all of the updates to it in patch 5.4.
i really hope to see more gated content. almost everything in this games is open to everyone its nice to see something that is a real reward for putting in work
Oh snap 1 small part of the island makes up 50% of it now.
0/10
Do you want some ice for that burn, OP? Maybe a trip to the burn ward?
09/10/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Zarhym

It is correct that you need the legendary cloak to fight Fire-God Ordos. It's not half of the Timeless Isle. It's one boss -- literally one thing on the isle you can't access without the legendary cloak. You can still get to the area surrounding Ordos using the Albatrosses.

It wasn't designed this way to give us a laugh. The vast majority of the Timeless Isle is open to everyone at level 90, including the four celestials you can fight.

We feel that rewarding those who have invested time into the entire legendary quest chain with access to fight Ordos is justifiable. He's analogous to Oondasta and Galleon in terms of difficulty and loot quality, but isn't just another really rare spawn that can be zerged by everyone in the area, or friends being invited and summoned in.

The original implementations of Galleon and Oondasta were both a little problematic. We wanted to try out a different type of barrier to entry for players who want to fight this boss. And it's fitting that the people who have progressed through the legendary quest chain as it's unfolded, and completed the chain as soon as it was possible to do so (today), get access to him first.

After all, if you haven't been working on the legendary quest chain and/or aren't all that into raiding, it's probably not super important for you to fight this particular raid boss on the first day he's even in the game.

Fortunately you can still complete the legendary quest chain if you want access to the inner-sanctum where Ordos is hanging out (the area you defined as "half of the Timeless Isle"). [url="http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-quest-guide-updated-for-5-4"]And it's still perfectly viable to complete the quest chain with all of the updates to it in patch 5.4[/url].
I found your head. He got annoying after a while. I purposefully got strangled to get away from it's insistent puns.
every time there is something in this game that is a reward for being dedicated enough finish a long grind and ppl who havent put any effort to obtain said item get denied a cool reward they cry like the kid who dosent finish there homework and cant go out and play
this is like when people begged for welfare epics because they couldn't get into higher end raids.
So close yet so much fail trying to kill Wrathion with my current spellpower or skillz or both. Got everything done except this last fight. Maybe I just need a couple of new things to wear, uh huh.

I can't even kill a blind-folded boss. /headshake @ my lousy

Will get this done sooner or later.

09/10/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Antiborealis
this is like when people begged for welfare epics because they couldn't get into higher end raids.

I don't think you've been around WoW long enough to make fallacious statements like this. Maybe you should go do your homework too.
I don't know. I thought I saw a good deal of the island without a cloak.

More than 50% atleast.
I have made it to that area. Just get kicked out when I walk in :'(