Wow, I suck.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 22 Next
That's how I felt when I tried staying fire, it was like, where's my proc? Why am I not critting? OMG how did I do this before?

Maybe I'll dust off my Arms knowledge....
Not doing it.

Ever.

No issues here.

Why not?
I tried so hard for the title so I could be "Pelume the Proven Healer" but NO. Impossible for priests that aren't maybe in heroic raiding gear with everything gemmed and reforged to spirit.
Everyones gear is scaled down to 463.

he knows, we're obviously being trolled.

Kinda sorta. If you can't get past gold, regardless of class, you are bad. There's really no two ways about it.

Try harder dude.

If ur gonna troll at least be entertaining.

You're a Druid. You have great AoE, great mobility and okay DPS. It's really not my fault you don't know how to play your class.

Nah, I wouldn't consider anyone bad for not getting gold.

he knows, we're obviously being trolled.

Kinda sorta. If you can't get past gold, regardless of class, you are bad. There's really no two ways about it.

Try harder dude.

You're a Druid. You have great AoE, great mobility and okay DPS. It's really not my fault you don't know how to play your class.

Eh, I got hung up on the last few waves of gold because I just had to figure out which waves required my cooldowns and which didn't.

I found myself a few seconds late on the final sha on Avenging Wrath and those extra seconds wound up killing me because his shield came back up right before I could finish him off.

It's not exactly difficult or impossible for me, it just takes a little practice to get familiar with the waves.

I'll get it today when I go back to finish it. I simply stopped last night because my Flex Group was finally ready to move out.
Got into gold dps on my paladin last night before I just had to give up because of having to be in for work today... But I got up to round 5/6? I'm enjoying it because gold is challenging for me.. Elites can laugh if they want, but I am really enjoying trying to figure out how to best time my talents and use my talents to the optimum.

I've respec'd here and there to try different talents on the fights to see what works and what doesn't.

Flasks do seem to work in there, and i'll have to go out and farm more food mats.. because yeah if I'm in there I want the additional +100 when i'm scaled to 463. Also going to look through potions tonight and see what might help give me an edge here or there..

3/10, still not entertaining.

Everyones gear is scaled down to 463.

Although not gems, and obviously perfectly itemized gear is better than gear you have to reforge to get desired stats. Gem slots are also extremely powerful.
LFR and the heroic equivalent have the exact same amount of gem slots, the "perfectly itemized gear" is exactly the same as the lfr gear when scaled down to 463, its not like it has more stats when it gets scaled. Gear has nothing to do with success in proving grounds.
Got into gold dps on my paladin last night before I just had to give up because of having to be in for work today... But I got up to round 5/6? I'm enjoying it because gold is challenging for me.. Elites can laugh if they want, but I am really enjoying trying to figure out how to best time my talents and use my talents to the optimum.

I've respec'd here and there to try different talents on the fights to see what works and what doesn't.

Flasks do seem to work in there, and i'll have to go out and farm more food mats.. because yeah if I'm in there I want the additional +100 when i'm scaled to 463. Also going to look through potions tonight and see what might help give me an edge here or there..

I consider myself a pretty decent Ret Paladin and I personally think we're at a little bit of a disadvantage in Proving Grounds compared to a lot of classes due to how much of our damage output is tied up in our cooldowns.

If you blow your cooldowns to get through a wave, you simply CAN NOT use them again for at least 2 more waves after that. That brings an added level of complexity, it's not so much not knowing how to play your class as it is learning the Gold test well enough to know how to best use your cooldowns and still have them available for Wave 10 where they're absolutely needed.

LFR and the heroic equivalent have the exact same amount of gem slots, the "perfectly itemized gear" is exactly the same as the lfr gear when scaled down to 463, its not like it has more stats when it gets scaled. Gear has nothing to do with success in challenge modes.

Sure, not everyone has maximal gem slots or lfr gear. A lot of players have gear with no slots/few slots, which will be suboptimal for the content in question. VP gear, for example, puts you at a significant disadvantage since the scaling is more harsh.

That said, I only tried once and my client locked up at 7/10. I doubt I would have had enough mana to last till 10, but I might have. It would have been pretty close, though (no spi stacking in gem slots, though, or even reforging differently).

I consider myself a pretty decent Ret Paladin and I personally think we're at a little bit of a disadvantage in Proving Grounds compared to a lot of classes due to how much of our damage output is tied up in our cooldowns.

If you blow your cooldowns to get through a wave, you simply CAN NOT use them again for at least 2 more waves after that. That brings an added level of complexity, it's not so much not knowing how to play your class as it is learning the Gold test well enough to know how to best use your cooldowns and still have them available for Wave 10 where they're absolutely needed.

I concur.

Once I figured out when to use my cooldowns, I was able to complete Gold.

That being said, it was still a pain in the butt.
So If I am in the botom 1/10 of 1% for talent and abilities in this game, will it be a good place to try improving or just plain frustrating to me?
So I wanted to see what all the fuss was about after reading all the posts in this thread regarding the healing challenge. 1 shot bronze through gold, 0 fails. Judging by some of the replies to this thread I thought it would actually be hard. Might work on 30 rounds of endless later on.
So I wanted to see what all the fuss was about after reading all the posts in this thread regarding the healing challenge. 1 shot bronze through gold, 0 fails. Judging by some of the replies to this thread I thought it would actually be hard. Might work on 30 rounds of endless later on.

Everyone's skill level is different.

You have proven yourself!
I have yet to try it.
I might do that today when I'm off work....hopefully I don't fall too hard on my face.
This was a very smart move by blizzard, it has made the lightbulb go off for many friends on what they need to do to improve and it's taking the typical WoW player attitude out of the picture when someone need to learn how to play their class. Though I suspect the next insult to be.

"Do you even know where the proving grounds are?"

or L2PG

I'm a little surprised as well. I one shot all the levels for healing and while it got tight at the end of gold with mana, I didn't use pots/ food or respec or reforge or anything. It honestly just felt like a 5 man heroic.