I cant kill a regular Mob on Timeless isle!

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Umm im protection pally.
I cannot kill a reg elite mob, for instance the adder snake.

My gear Ilvl is 510.
I have popped cooldowns Im specced battle hear. I using every healing spell i have and avoidance and everything i have been using like a normal pally tank.

I cant kill a mob ?

Is this island only for friends to help ?

Lol
If I may offer an alternative? Find the frogs, kill those.
selecting your tier 3 talent may help your survivability a little, you also may want to take advantage of that Ret OS you have.

You're a sick, twisted individual.

/HUGZ
You are most definitely doing something wrong.
Umm im protection pally.

My gear Ilvl is 510.
I have popped cooldowns Im specced battle hear. I using every healing spell i have and avoidance and everything i have been using like a normal pally tank.

I cant kill a mob ?

o.0

Can't tell if serious or....

In the off chance this is serious, I was running around on my Prot warrior (ilvl 470...ish) as long as I was selective about what I attacked I had little to no problem. Did I also mention I am a bad tank (read as I forget to use my defensive cd's half the time).

Maybe wait to pick some fights until after you have picked up a few upgrades from the island? Last night there was so much activity on my server that basically there were paths of corpses leading you in a line around to the chests (yes I am going overboard...somewhat). Not sure of the state of Baelgun populations though.
Also, it's pretty dumb to take Battle Healer for soloing now, seeing as it now causes SoI to heal everybody BUT you...
How are you losing?

Is it a slow endurance loss? They simply out-hurt your healing? You can't do enough dps to defeat their own heals?
you'll probably need to come back when either you've worked on the skill issue, or the ilvl issue. either one should help.

I had absolutely 0 problems on timeless isle yesterday on my druid. I haven't been out on my lesser geared alts (not this mage), but I look forward to the challenge.

edit because I can't spell isle
Don't the snakes have a move that deals 25% of your life
You can, it just takes a long time.

I went to the island on my level 86 death knight and was able to kill stuff. There's only a couple mobs my 86 couldn't handle on the ground and the ones near Ordon Sanctuary, well... I've seen people in heroic raid gear with legendary cloaks die to those so.

ROFL xD that's just cruel...the Eroded Giants are far better!
Now I realize *I* had some issues killing some of the mobs earlier, but then my iLevel was around 20 points lower two hours ago, and I couldn't even queue for LFR then.

A lot of the mobs have some types of attacks you have to dodge, or run through them to avoid. Avoid those attacks. It makes a difference.

Something to that effect, yes.

As I recall, they rear back and begin their attack-cast, so its kind of obvious when its coming. Try and out distance them at that point, don't be tunnel visioned and just sit there like a rock.
09/11/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Cirno

Something to that effect, yes.

As I recall, they rear back and begin their attack-cast, so its kind of obvious when its coming. Try and out distance them at that point, don't be tunnel visioned and just sit there like a rock.

That's oddly similar to how you kill a rattlesnake in real life.

You stay back while it is coiled up and ready to strike... and then go in for the kill when it "unwinds" and lengthens out.
I usually play Resto, and thats how I went to the Isle. Didnt work too well. I dont really have a ele set, so Im working on it.

Here is what I did ....

I started by just doing the quests. Next I moved on to the yellow branded mobs for easy kills. Next I moved on to the blue crabs, and the pink birds which were a little tougher, but doable. This morning I logged in and killed one of the big snakes. Just takes a while to learn the areas.

I think we have all been conditioned to mobs that are super easy to just blow through, and lets face it, a lot of us just dont know our classes because of this. Ive been using totems and spells that I would have never had on my toolbar, because most mobs die so easily.
Or shoot it and then burn it with fire.

Well, I can understand the emotional reaction... but you wouldn't want to do either of those.

First off, shooting a gun at the ground is bad idea. Ricochet alone makes that unwise.

Also rattlesnakes favor dry areas (and areas with lots of rocks to ricochet) - starting any fire near where rattlesnakes are could easily start forest fires... which is an even bigger problem!
Umm im protection pally.

My gear Ilvl is 510.

I cant kill a mob ?

Proving Grounds ----->