Ruby Droplet

Pet Battles
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
yeah i was there for four days folks. stay strong.... ill be back there eventually as i need the item drop for the achievement (going to need bigger bags) and maybe a more favorable breed but ehhhhhhhhh

im concerned theres something carcinogenic in that lake anyhow.
It's all random luck. First kill of the rare and I got the pet drop.
20th kill. Wanted to get it out of the way first before any other pet so I didn't have to keep going back up there. I ended up with 2 cranes, adder, jademist; huolon mount and 3 alementals before I got it.

Thankful it isn't a b/b or I would've lost it.
PetBattleBreedID or whatever the addon is is telling me there are only two breeds for this pet, H/B (x/273/273) and HS (x/260/289) iirc, numbers might be a bit off. Does anyone have droplets with other breeds?
PetBattleBreedID or whatever the addon is is telling me there are only two breeds for this pet, H/B (x/273/273) and HS (x/260/289) iirc, numbers might be a bit off. Does anyone have droplets with other breeds?

A guildie with probably the same add-on said mine was h/b after I linked it to say I finally got it, which I did find weird because just by looking at the stats, I guessed mine to be h/p (12atk/10/spd/158hp). I just checked warcraft pets, however, and it shows 5 possible breeds of this pet. Including a h/p with the same stats as the one I got.
At some point over the weekend a friend got that pet an many others in the isle.
I called it a day after 2:39 EST last night. That was the end of my third full day up there, I'd been visiting for 2-4 spawns the previous days since the patch started.

I suppose I'll have to come down at some point after the patch to collect my bonus roll coins, defeat at least one of the celestials and run the new LFR and do the new celestial tourney... But I sort of feel defeated in doing so...

Leaving my post, having to take one of those horrible birds back up there. ..The walk of shame. I'll get back up there tonight, or tomorrow. Depending how I feel about it.
I set my hearth to the jinyu town south of the Jade Forest as it's the closest (not counting the inn on the isle itself) hearth location, then I just mount up and fly into the isle, gaining enough height such that when you are dismounted you can simply slowfall or glider onto the pool where Garnia is at, sure beats having to use an albatross.

Alternatively if you are already on the isle, you just need to swim out far enough to set the fatigue meter off and it should allow you to mount up, and you can do the same thing.

But it is a pain camping up there for the spawn, when I was up there the only time I left was if Cinderfall was up since he's nearby and drops that rare item that blasts you into the air (which makes getting to the pool much easier in the future).
Killed every spawn, minus one, from 12:00pm until 3:00am-ish yesterday with nothing to show for it...

Oh, and another 20 keys with no Bonkers but that is another issue (._.)

Here goes to another day of camping!
Regarding the breed, I have my first one (I bought off the AH) as a B/B breed to 25 (quite effective and perfectly viable in PVP with that breed, btw. Don't be fooled by a few differing #s for stats.)

I looted a second one to sell, though I still have it, and the Breed ID addon cannot tell which breed it is. I get the ERR-NAM message. So, it's a Mystery!
It's probably H/H. I'm assuming Simca has to put in all those breeds manually and forgot the H/H one

If it's 165 10/10 then it's H/H. Keep that one and sell the B/B imo
Whelp~! I didn't get to camp Garnia yesterday since I had to actually detach myself from the computer, but here comes day six of camping this stupid thing (>_<)
I got a H/B Droplet, was hoping for H/S personally. Guess I'll keep trying.

I wanted a S/S Bonkers, but got a P/P instead.
Bottom line the drop rate of the rare pets is ridiculously low and could probably stand to be upped.
Bottom line the drop rate of the rare pets is ridiculously low and could probably stand to be upped.

Not really?

I'm sympathetic to wanting to get them, but part of it is the journey. Have to put some effort into it. Sometimes it might get tedious, sometimes it might suck. That just makes it more exciting when you're successful. None of them are really such a low chance that its unreasonable (except the event for the Dandelion Frolicker, which could probably use some improvement). They are supposed to take a little time to get them all though. And if its too slow for one's tastes, there is also the AH.
it has only been a week, if every pet dropped like candy and we had them all already then the isle would lose its interest that much faster. garnia is a special case because its a pain in the rear to get to her

I too have to disagree wholeheartedly with this comment. I think the drop rates are pretty spot on, except for the Dandelion Frolicker which is more of an event design issue. The Timeless Isles have been here for all of 8 days. It's silly to think you should have them all right now. I have put a fair amount of time into pet hunting and have come away with the Ruby Droplet, Ominous Flame, Bonkers, Skunky Alemental, Ashleaf Spriteling, Gu'chi Swarmling and 2 Gulp Froglets (one of which I traded for a Jademist Dancer). I picked up a Crane Chick for 400g on the AH. So I've done quite well for a week I think, but most serious pet hunters I know have found a similar number of pets. I'm sure I'll have them all within the month, which is pretty quick in my books.
09/18/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Chikeez
I have put a fair amount of time into pet hunting and have come away with the Ruby Droplet, Ominous Flame, Bonkers, Skunky Alemental, Ashleaf Spriteling, Gu'chi Swarmling and 2 Gulp Froglets

Congratulations that RNG is on your side.

I on the other hand have had 12+ Garnia kills every day (except yesterday) since the patch with nothing to show for it. Not to mention the around 20 Bufo kills and 60,000 coins spent on keys for Bonkers.

Just because you have wonderful RNG does not that mean that the drop chances should not be upped a bit since there are many of us (as seen by the same players going "ARGH!!!" in say after a Garnia kill) who are being shat upon by the RNG gods.
I've probably killed a sum total of several hundred pet dropping rares on the isle including at least 30 garnia kills. I've gotten one pet off of leaf mender. The drop rates are ridiculously low. Congratulations if you've got a horse shoe up your !@# and have gotten multiples but others haven't gotten crap for dozens of hours of farming. The drop rates are too low.

Edit: Just wanted to add the whelpling pets have a better drop rate than the ominous flame or jademist dancer. That's just stupid.