Timeless Isle Chests

General Discussion
So quick question. Does anyone know how the chests on the Island work? Here is what I know so far.

• Everyone has their own personal chests that no other characters can see
  • If you are opening a chest and then get attacked, all other players can then open the chest themselves, it becomes visible to them
  • All the chests have set places and are always there for everyone of your characters.
  • What I don't know....
  • I think I've seen some chests respawn, but I have not varified. I originally thought it was a race to get chests when I first got to the island, which is not true btw.
  • Do the big chests near the tauren guys up top respawn? And how long?
  • I know some are daily some are weekly and some are one time only.

I watched another player open a chest and then I looted it as well and then it dissapered.

If you see it you will be able to loot it if you have already opened it that day/week you will not see it.

I dont think being attacked has anything to do with it..
    One more thing is if you die while you are looting a chest, everything in the chest will get auto looted
    I started to open one of the really big ones that have 2 epics in them and a rogue sapped me, opened it himself, and the box disappeared.
    I started to open one of the really big ones that have 2 epics in them and a rogue sapped me, opened it himself, and the box disappeared.

oo can this happen I thought they were all like char only, if you can loot it it will be lootable when you come out of sap?
    Everyone has their own personal chests that no other characters can see

Incorrect. Every player can see every chest until they've looted it. Once you loot a chest it disappears forever(with a few exceptions). so just because you see someone looting "your" chest, doesn't mean it isn't also "their" chest.

If you are opening a chest and then get attacked, all other players can then open the chest themselves, it becomes visible to them

How are you certain they aren't just opening a chest they haven't opened yet? See above.

All the chests have set places and are always there for every character until it's been opened.

FTFY

I think I've seen some chests respawn, but I have not varified. I originally thought it was a race to get chests when I first got to the island, which is not true btw.

All but three chests that I know of are one time use only. Once a character has opened a chest, that character will never see that chest again. The only exception is the three special chest that are on a weekly respawn. These should be marked on your mini map when you get close enough to them.

Do the big chests near the tauren guys up top respawn? And how long?

No. Those don't respawn.

I started to open one of the really big ones that have 2 epics in them and a rogue sapped me, opened it himself, and the box disappeared

Are you sure the chest didn't dissapear because you had just looted it? did you verify that the items from the chest never made it to your bags?
    It's the same chests everyone can see. If you run it on two characters you'll see all the chests again, in the same locations. When someone else loots it, it'll blink out and back. I'm guessing a cooldown is activated. Anyway, after someone else loots it, you'll be able to loot it after a second or two. Once you loot it, you will no longer see it.

As far as the personal respawn...well, that's why I came to this thread. Not sure when I'll see the chests again.
    So there are only three chests that can possibly re-spawn
    ya I see people opening a invisible chest a lot XD
    aaaah, was hoping they respawned weekly, seemed too good if they did. So the easy epic gravy train is pretty much over for me then.
    aaaah, was hoping they respawned weekly, seemed too good if they did. So the easy epic gravy train is pretty much over for me then.

you can still farm coins and get them from the vendors.
    Well according to a guide I had read the 3 chests associated with http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8726 were daily chests. I checked them all today after daily reset and I couldn't see them. Perhaps they are actually weekly or maybe even 1 time only. Or maybe I'm just bugged =(
    Hmm I thought the moss covered ones are daily respawn chests? I am going back over the ones I did last night and they are now all missing. I did my run last night around 11pm EST so isn't that plenty of time for reset?
    I was attempting to open a chest, didn't make it there in time, and someone opened it before me and it disappeared for me. It respawned later and I was able to get it then. I think some of them are able to be seen by everyone at once. For what it's worth, this was one of the larger chests that spawns where the blazing a-holes are.
    Look at the map here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide!

Anything that has a # means that chest is a 1 time loot only chest.

If it's a W it means you can loot it Weekly
    If it's a D it means you can loot it daily
    I'm not sure if players attacking you and denying your chest is really working as intended. I mean, think about it. If what the OP is saying is true, then the only thing you achieve by attacking someone while they're opening a chest is denying them theirs. Unless... you can respawn a chest a you already opened by attacking a player opening something.
    why would they nerf chances to get burdens then screw us by not making a weekly chest from this? really i wanted to believe blizz would help its players instead of screwing us again by making a RNG grind like every other time. thanks this isnt a great chance at loot in the first place but now if feels like scenarios all over again getting troll loot or nothing at all... screw the isle i feel like this game wants to kick out the non raiders.
    I think I've seen some chests respawn, but I have not varified. I originally thought it was a race to get chests when I first got to the island, which is not true btw.
    Do the big chests near the tauren guys up top respawn? And how long?

"The one you have to jump, from pillar to pillar, to get to, respawned. But it's the only one I have seen twice so far."
    From what I read online only three chests re-spawn.

However, maybe the second or third day after the patch I used the map to clear all the chests on the island. Two days ago I saw some moss covered chests I'm 100% sure I had looted before back on the island (The tiny ones). Anyone else notice this?
    This link from MMO champ shows and expalins all the chest on Isle quite well and has a map too.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide