Not receiving Satchel of Cosmic Mysteries

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Two nights in a row I've recieved nothing for healing
On at least 5 occasions as tank in LFR this week I have not reveived the Satchel of Cosmic Mysteries. The Satchel was highlighted as a reward for tanks every single time. Fix this please.
Posted by CromulusWhen I say that the entire Raid needs to be completed, I mean that you have one shot with that group to complete the Raid. If someone drops out and your group re-queues, you are no longer eligible for the satchel.

Alright, wth? THIS IS WHAT I PAY A MONTHLY SUB FOR?
I noticed when or if someone leave the raid any time it doesn't end up rewarding it.

I could be wrong but it is the way I am reading "entire Raid needs to be completed to earn it."

When I was tanking I would only ever receive if it in a 5 man where the starting group all stayed to complete the run with me.

The other day I did a few lfr as heals, saw the satchel icon and at the end, no satchel of cosmic mysteries.
Yeah I put in a ticket for this, this morning.
Then wandered over here and saw this post.
Its total B.S. Ive not yet, been in a LFR which hasn't had anyone drop out after each boss.and if its only DPS which drop out...and theres still all of the heals/tanks...it means thattheres not a "need" for heals/tanks because theres still a full group (of that type) and you automatically lose the Satchel.

Either offer it or don't offer it.Making up rules as you go with the "You only get it if its Wednesday the 5th at 5pm and you have a toon named OMGWTFBBQ in your group and some one manages to not take any damage. Then you get the Satchel."

I saw a comment earlier about the whole tank/heals thing. I agree.
Lack of Tanks/Heals = Reward Bag O'Goodies.
Reque B.S. = No Reward Bag O'Goodies
No Reward BagO'Goodies = Lack of Tank/Heals

Its the irony that never ends. Its goes on and on my friends.
GM response to my petition (received Saturday 1:42pm)
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hey there!

After looking into this matter further, I’m showing that we’ve recently received other reports very similar to yours regarding the new LFR satchels. We've had our QA team look into these reports and it's been explained to us as follows:

- If the light for your role is lit up when you queue, the satchel is not yet guaranteed. The satchel is only guaranteed if the light is still active when you receive the prompt to enter the raid. What commonly happens is the role is only in "short supply" for a limited time, and it can wear off while you are still in the queue. If the light is no longer lit up when you queue in, a satchel will not be awarded. At this time sadly don't have a way to verify via our logs here to see if your character is eligible for this satchel. Without any verification, we cannot be rewarding them. =(

We're still forwarding the reports to QA, and if any bugs with the system are found, they’ll be working hard to make sure the issues are resolved in a future patch or hotfix. The game keeps getting larger and larger and with your help, our QA team is doing everything they can to track down and squash any bugs that are found as quickly as possible.

If you run into any other potential bugs in your adventures, the best way to report them is through the “Report Bug” option on the help menu, as those get sent directly to the QA team. These reports are very valuable to us, and we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to let us know about anything that appears amiss in the game.

Good luck, have fun, and game on! =]

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

BS!! Im still not que'ing
- If the light for your role is lit up when you queue, the satchel is not yet guaranteed. The satchel is only guaranteed if the light is still active when you receive the prompt to enter the raid. What commonly happens is the role is only in "short supply" for a limited time, and it can wear off while you are still in the queue. If the light is no longer lit up when you queue in, a satchel will not be awarded. At this time sadly don't have a way to verify via our logs here to see if your character is eligible for this satchel. Without any verification, we cannot be rewarding them. =(

http://tinypic.com/r/2vmvcz7/5
Tell them thats a load of B.S. and I still want my BagO'Goodies. Ive been screen shotting the last few Ive done.

You can verify grays and whites and greens and who looted what and what they rolled. But you cant tell me if I earned loot or not. Hmm. Yeah.

#LFRtankhealstrike
yeah the satchel thing keeps disappearing randomly from the LFR tool... who knows if I will get it or not... at least be consistent!
IMO if you've been waiting for a long time in queue and then suddenly a bunch of healers queue up.... the satchel shouldn't disappear for the people who've waited patiently during the period when healers weren't around to queue up.... that person should be rewarded for sticking with it...

It may not be a bug but its a design flaw that needs to be addressed!
Here is a response I got about it. Apparently even the GM's are at odds on what to tell people.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support, we apologize for being unable to discuss this ticket with you directly; we are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and are doing our best to get to each and every one as soon as we possibly can.

We were able to take some time to look over this particular issue for you and are afraid that for cases where a satchel is not awarded automatically by the looting system we are not able to assist with granting one. Our advice is that if you would like to provide your feedback or suggest a change concerning the Call to Arms system, is to use our new in game feature that directs your input to our Development team.

The "Submit Suggestion" button can be found in the same window that you used to place this ticket. There you can provide a brief rundown of your recommendation or feedback. Though since space is limited, be sure to be as clear and constructive as possible.

If you do need anything, we will be more than happy to help! Remember to include as much information as possible to ensure that we are able to work on a resolution as best as we can!"

Posted on another thread, wanted it here too.

Mail us the bag.
No Satchel Answer --> When you Queue alone as Tank or Healer for a Raid or Dungeon to get the Satchel of Exotic or Cosmic Mysteries, the desired Satchel has to show up in TWO places. First on the Dungeon Finder page where you hit Find Group, and 2nd on the little Enter Dungeon screen that you click to enter the Raid or Dungeon. Sometimes, the Satchel is available when you click Find Group in the Dungeon Finder, but BY THE TIME A GROUP has formed, it is no longer OFFERING a Satchel, therefore, it will NOT show up on the little Enter Dungeon screen. It needs to be there, next to the little icons for Gold and Valor Points or you will NOT get it. At this point, click Leave Queue and try again to get it to offer a Satchel again, hit Find Group when the Satchel is offered, and only Enter Raid (or Dungeon) if the Satchel icon is on the Enter Raid (or Dungeon) screen.
No Satchel Answer --> When you Queue alone as Tank or Healer for a Raid or Dungeon to get the Satchel of Exotic or Cosmic Mysteries, the desired Satchel has to show up in TWO places. First on the Dungeon Finder page where you hit Find Group, and 2nd on the little Enter Dungeon screen that you click to enter the Raid or Dungeon. Sometimes, the Satchel is available when you click Find Group in the Dungeon Finder, but BY THE TIME A GROUP has formed, it is no longer OFFERING a Satchel, therefore, it will NOT show up on the little Enter Dungeon screen. It needs to be there, next to the little icons for Gold and Valor Points or you will NOT get it. At this point, click Leave Queue and try again to get it to offer a Satchel again, hit Find Group when the Satchel is offered, and only Enter Raid (or Dungeon) if the Satchel icon is on the Enter Raid (or Dungeon) screen.

The bag is not being given reguardless.
http://tinypic.com/r/2vmvcz7/5 is the screen shot from earlier where I had it on both screens. Finished the LFR and no bag, again.
This is doing it to me. It started on one character and I haven't gotten a single one of these. Should I just wait to queue next week?
Same for me.

I know this system was like that for dungeon finder, but you only have to worry about 4 people dropping group not 24 others :/ LFR has people constantly joining and leaving, regardless of whether or not wipes occur. Someone queuing for the satchel shouldn't get punished for it.

Satchel exists to get people to queue, but why bother queuing if you know the chance of you actually getting it in the end is slim.
I've had this happen twice now. I have no intention whatsoever of satchel queuing for LFR until this is fixed. Players unrelated to me leaving the group after a boss dies seems to be the primary reason satchels are not being awarded. If 10 people decide to leave before Lei Shen and I've been in the group since Iron Qon, that should not impact whether or not I get a satchel.

The responses GMs have given makes me think they believe we're idiots that don't understand how to satchel queue. It's not any different from the dungeon queue system, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whether or not you're supposed to get a satchel from queuing.
When I say that the entire Raid needs to be completed, I mean that you have one shot with that group to complete the Raid. If someone drops out and your group re-queues, you are no longer eligible for the satchel. Why is that? Yes, it's the same Raid, but you are no longer re-queuing for a random Raid at that point, you are queuing for a specific Raid looking for a random group member to fill the empty slot so you can finish the run.

Wow. Just. Wow. So one random stranger in an LFR leaves and you don't get it? I've never run an LFR that no one left. It's 25 people, and as you said, they can't be people you queue with. This is absolute garbage.
09/15/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Cheridity
When I say that the entire Raid needs to be completed, I mean that you have one shot with that group to complete the Raid. If someone drops out and your group re-queues, you are no longer eligible for the satchel. Why is that? Yes, it's the same Raid, but you are no longer re-queuing for a random Raid at that point, you are queuing for a specific Raid looking for a random group member to fill the empty slot so you can finish the run.

Wow. Just. Wow. So one random stranger in an LFR leaves and you don't get it? I've never run an LFR that no one left. It's 25 people, and as you said, they can't be people you queue with. This is absolute garbage.

This is correct, i have made sever topics to try and warn players of this and EVERY one of them has been locked/deleted

Blizz does not want anyone realizing how badly they dropped the bal on this one
The big thing with me is its much less forgiving to que as a DPS then a tank or healer.
Tank - 2 slots
Healer -5 or 6 slots
DPS - usually 17 slots

Not like LFR is really hard, but its 10X more forgiving to queue as a DPS knowing you have 16 other people that have your back compared to queuing as a tank or healer.

Not every tank or healer in LFR is overgeared, and yea, sometimes you have 3 people in the raid doing 15-20K HPS or AFKing and me and 2 other people have to work our butts off to keep everyone from wiping.

I expect a satchel for that, even if it just rewards a flask.
Really?! I mean.. come on.. do they HONESTLY expect people to stay in the same raid? I have almost never seen a same raid with the same people complete it, unless its going to be a new one.

I personally wish that Blizz would keep it on. Most of those Dps arent going to suck it up to take some of the responsibility. Keep the sachel for those guys because taking it away just because some random dps #1827384795987394730985 leaves and it isnt the same group. Im not being elitist, but being a tank/heals in this game requires more work, while pressing your rotation, standing out of badstuff, and focusing on adds/boss doesnt... And even THEN they dont focus on adds sometimes.
We're currently researching this issue. I'll update when I have more information.