Holy Prism, macro help plz

Paladin
Hello fellow Paladins!

I'm thinking about giving Holy Prism a try, and I'd like to make a macro so that I can cast it on myself, and not lose my current target. I know it needs something like, target self, and then target last target... but I can't quite find one or figure it out.

Anyone know one they can type on here real quick? Thanks for the help! :)
Why not just get an addon like heal bot and just mouse over maco it so you can choose to use it on yourself or friends. Then you will never have this issue :-P
/cast [mod:whatever,@yourname] Holy Prism; Holy Prism

Or, just use whatever key you already have bound to self-cast.
Why not just get an addon like heal bot and just mouse over maco it so you can choose to use it on yourself or friends. Then you will never have this issue :-P

Because I'd rather not DL a whole healing add-on for one ability, but that seems really helpful for Holy Pallies! Thanks for the reply. :)

/cast [mod:whatever,@yourname] Holy Prism; Holy Prism

Sweet! Thank you!
09/15/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Aevum

Because I'd rather not DL a whole healing add-on for one ability, but that seems really helpful for Holy Pallies! Thanks for the reply. :)

Well I highly recommend a healing addon, it will cut down on overall keybinds. You can then mouse over macro abilities like hand of freedom, hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, and all your heals. Otherwise you will eventually end up like my rogue with over 40 keybinds, many of which are for focus macros. It's all in my opinion though.

Edit: not to mention cleanse. Sorry for posting on my rogue too :-P
09/15/2013 03:56 AMPosted by Shâdé

Well I highly recommend a healing addon, it will cut down on overall keybinds. You can then mouse over macro abilities like hand of freedom, hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, and all your heals. Otherwise you will eventually end up like my rogue with over 40 keybinds, many of which are for focus macros. It's all in my opinion though.

Edit: not to mention cleanse. Sorry for posting on my rogue too :-P

Oh, ok cool! Thanks for the info! :)
Cleaner version:

/cast [@player] Holy Prism

note: this macro will ONLY heal yourself with Holy Prism.

I recommend using a second macro in addition to the above:

/cast [@mouseover,help,exists] [] Holy Prism

note: this macro will heal your mouseover target if it's friendly, otherwise it will cast Holy Prism on your current target, whether it's friendly or not.
If you hold alt then you will automatically target yourself with self targetable skills. No macro needed :)