Phase the user of Neverending Spritewood

General Discussion
For those unaware, there's a rare event that occurs once every hour or so around the Nice Sprites and their tree covered in orange Everlasting Spritewood crystals. A purple Neverending Spritewood crystal will spawn, and using it will make the Nice Sprites hostile to you.

Kill enough Nice Sprites and a Scary Sprite appears. Kill that, get a pet. But there's a major problem: the are where the event takes place is in a high-traffic area. If you're on a PVP server, it becomes literally impossible to do because the moment you aggro a sprite, chances are you'll be stunned by someone else who wanted the crystal and die. Or maybe they don't even want the crystal, they just ran by and stunned you under the aggro of 12 Sprites.

Not only does this make everyone wait an hour before another chance appears, there are also rumors that you can only use the crystal once per day. I don't know if this is true, because I haven't found more than one crystal per day.

To those who say, "It's a pvp server", no. Because it's ruined for everyone involved; the people that didn't get the crystal have to wait an hour, and the person that did didn't even get a chance to use it and is potentially locked out for the rest of the day. This is a design problem, not a PVP problem. Plus, it's only one person every hour that would be phased, and for one minute only.

Please, it's ridiculous right now.
Frankly, you don't even have to phase a person. Just make it so that they can't be attacked by players while they have the minute-long debuff.

Though phasing would also prevent the current exploit where you can group with someone who touched a crystal and loot the sprites, even though you can't attack them.
Frankly, you don't even have to phase a person. Just make it so that they can't be attacked by players while they have the minute-long debuff.

Though phasing would also prevent the current exploit where you can group with someone who touched a crystal and loot the sprites, even though you can't attack them.

Definitely report that in the Bug forum and/or in game. Seems to be something that isn't intended.
Definitely report that in the Bug forum and/or in game. Seems to be something that isn't intended.

I did, so I'm not sure if it still occurs.

What I do know is you can still get ganked while under the effects of the crystal, and slaughtered, thus ruining your chance for the day.

Imagine if you were doing a daily, and randomly another person just came up and ripped it from your quest log just before you turned it in. And you couldn't pick it back up until the next day. That's what this is.
Sucks, but hunters have been feeling this hurt ever since special pets were introduced. Blizz will only respond with a cut and paste "find a pvp solution to your pvp problem" answer.
But.. wouldn't this open the opportunity to grab a guild and lock down the area until you were finished. Then, rinse and repeat? World PvP and all?

I thought the idea was to organize around these events on PvP servers.
I haven't even seen this crystal yet no matter how desperately I search and I'm on a PvE server...
But.. wouldn't this open the opportunity to grab a guild and lock down the area until you were finished. Then, rinse and repeat? World PvP and all?

The crystals have at least an hour respawn timer, and it's a solo event. The fact that multiple people in your group can loot the Scary Sprite is a bug.

Most of the rare events may be designed to organize around, but not this one. The fact that the crystal can only be activated by one person every hour, and that person can only activate a crystal once per day, is evidence of that.

Not even considering the fact that getting a guild, no matter how large, to lock down an entire area of the map for a full hour is insanely difficult. Especially when your faction is 1/3 the size of the opposing faction, like on my server.

The crystals have at least an hour respawn timer, and it's a solo event. The fact that multiple people in your group can loot the Scary Sprite is a bug.

Most of the rare events may be designed to organize around, but not this one. The fact that the crystal can only be activated by one person every hour, and that person can only activate a crystal once per day, is evidence of that.

Oh. I thought maybe it would be something to disallow anyone from the opposite faction from doing. Well, perhaps, as the data gathers, they will alter the quest's behavior.

Good luck!
Sucks, but hunters have been feeling this hurt ever since special pets were introduced. Blizz will only respond with a cut and paste "find a pvp solution to your pvp problem" answer.

The problem is though, it's not a PVP problem; it's a design problem.

I haven't seen a single person on either faction finish this event because all it takes to screw you over is one person with a stun.
The pet isn't a guaranteed drop. I did it earlier today and walked away with nothing but a handful of Gold, Lesser Charms and Timeless Coins.
The pet isn't a guaranteed drop. I did it earlier today and walked away with nothing but a handful of Gold, Lesser Charms and Timeless Coins.

This makes it even worse that you can be killed and lose your chance for the day.
I did this event the other day, nobody killed me during it luckily. Got nothing from it other than a bunch of coins, charms, and some gold.

I've only ever seen the crystal up twice, once when I did it and once when another player did it.
I've been doing this 2-3 times a day with my bf and apparently there's an issue where Scary Sprites aren't even spawning. The Angry Sprites are there, but nothing that actually drops the pet.

As for the PvP, I can sympathize. I've camped this on Dragonmaw several times since no one else from that server seems to ever be there, and I've been killed while trying to get the mobs, by both alliance and horde with that censure thing. I was lucky in that I had someone there with me to kill the person - but I've still died with 20sec or so remaining on my timer.
Yes, it's incredibly frustrating - but honestly, I don't think it's a big enough deal that Blizz will change anything for it. If you're not happy, have a friend or random person invite you to a PvE realm. I'm on a PvE realm yet I choose to camp on a PvP realm and suffer for it lol - so honestly - it's personal choice to an extent.

09/14/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Blockhêad
there are also rumors that you can only use the crystal once per day.

I can 100% confirm this. Once per day, per character.
I was able to click the purple crystal once, but I can no longer interact with it. I watched another player run up and click the crystal, yet I was unable to click it. Makes no sense.
I was able to click the purple crystal once, but I can no longer interact with it. I watched another player run up and click the crystal, yet I was unable to click it. Makes no sense.

You can only click the crystal once a day.