Feldrake in 5.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
Sure to the people who don't care also don't have the mount. Your mentality is simply, "It doesn't affect me, I don't care." While I'm sure if one of your favorite mounts had its functionality changed, you'd be making threads here too.

If my Big Blizzard Bear or Zhevra was changed to a flying mount I would be incredibly happy, even if I couldn't use them in no-flying zones. And if they were changed to a water only mount, I'd jump on one of the many many other ground mounts I have available.

There's hundreds of ground mounts out there, pick one and hop on that for the few seconds that you're mounted to each kill.
09/17/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Alarifon
I'm sure if one of your favorite mounts had its functionality changed, you'd be making threads here too.

No. Not really. The bottom line in this thread is people being butthurt that they can't show off something they have and other people don't in a situation where they are more likely to be seen, like behind the gate of a fresh BG.

It's gon be k, bro. U wan hugz?
Probably shouldn't have been a ground mount to begin with.

What like the Blizzard store mounts that are massive sparkly things that fly along the ground? i think this is at the core of the change, they want Blizzard store mounts to be the only large flyers getting around in BG's etc.
09/17/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Lethalock

What like the Blizzard store mounts that are massive sparkly things that fly along the ground? i think this is at the core of the change, they want Blizzard store mounts to be the only large flyers getting around in BG's etc.

Yes because everything that happens is always a conspiracy. I should really buy some stock in that tin foil hat business.

A reason was given but ignored. A drake is a drake and all drakes are equal. No one can force you to listen. Its the same as when all the special abilities were taken from the rare hunter pets so the only difference was the skin. Hunters farmed for months for certain pets now they are equal.
Cept those hunters didn't spend RL money for the pets. They weren't worth $200. This is totally different then just a pet.
09/17/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Lethalock

I didn't agree with the Golden Dragon being used as a ground mount, made no sense. Looked funky as heck but sheesh.
What a trivial thing to be upset about.

Like, honestly.

I think you should re-read what the Op posted...

Its still stupid to be upset about
If I can use my Tarecgosa's staff, the ridiculous bat, and the glitter dragon, they should return the feldrake to being a ground mount as well 8|

And it is especially frustrating that a blue gave out the wrong information. I was super psyched to ride my drake again, and then nope.
Some of us enjoy vanity things such as mounts/pets/whatever, and yes, things like this upset us. A lot of people got the Feldrake specifically because it could be used as a ground mount. If it was never intended - why did it stick around for a year, and then why was there no patch notes?

I'm sure if the Ghastly Charger or Headless Horseman's mount, or those jeweled panthers were changed to not be able to fly anymore, people would be upset as well.
09/17/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Presenex
Cept those hunters didn't spend RL money for the pets. They weren't worth $200. This is totally different then just a pet.

Blizzard already set the precedent when stat weights were changed in D3 after some players spent hundreds and some thousands of dollars on gear making them almost ineffective.
It really is a shame; people that don't have it really don't understand. Especially those who don't have it and aren't avid mount collectors either. I didnt use it in BGs to show off, I enjoyed using it in BGs and other no-fly zones because I loved using it. Plain and simple. Having a drake everywhere was just so unique and I enjoyed it. I didn't care what others thought.

Of course, the ground mount capability wasn't the only thing I liked. I still find its coloring and glow appealing and it's still one of my favorite mounts. But logging on last tuesday and realizing I couldn't use it on Timeless isle as I did on Isle of thunder had me very disappointed, to say the least.

Hell if I had it my way I'd make all flying mounts useable in no-fly zones, BGs excluded due to size issues. But in a place the size of the Isles that isn't a big deal. (But even using it in BGs is a moot arguement. Giant golden noodle dragon anyone? Twice as big, flashy and annoying IMO than any other drake model)

I also managed to get another in a pack last night and it's making selling this one in-game a lot harder. I would love to get a bit of gold for it so I can spend it on the BMAH or other mounts/pets to work towards my collection.
The Feldrake having ground mount functionality was originally a bug. When the bug got fixed for all drakes, that functionality got removed. A hotfix is being worked on to add ground mount functionality back in for the Feldrake.
Oh god, that makes me happy. Thank you so much for the good news Rygarius :D
The Feldrake having ground mount functionality was originally a bug. When the bug got fixed for all drakes, that functionality got removed. A hotfix is being worked on to add ground mount functionality back in for the Feldrake.

So it is a bug, and was fixed, but now you are adding it back for the special snowflakes to have?
I don't have the drake but I do understand. I also don't care about the change.

How do I understand? I have spent a long time getting the skyshards for the Alani mount. I love cloud serpents and this is currently the crowning achievement of my cloud serpent collection. I got the mount just as timeless isle came out so now every time I am on the timeless isle I have to make do without it.

Kind of annoying but then I have plenty of other mounts to use, I have a cool bike that I made, a warbear that I recently acquired, or any of a number of different mounts. If you are an avid collector of mounts then perhaps use and get some enjoyment out of using all of those other mounts instead of lamenting the fact that you can no longer use your Fel-drake. Otherwise, you may as well just own the Fel-drake and nothing else.

I was just sitting here thinking that it sounds like that must have been some sort of bug in the first place. In considering how it all worked out, with people thinking it was actually supposed to be that way, I can understand why Blizz would opt to go ahead and try and restore the 'bug' for that particular mount.
Special snowflake syndrome.

Woah, I never thought it would happen, but this is great for those in the process of purchasing, and those who already own the Feldrake!

Thanks for the update, Rygarius!
Some of you deriding the people who want their Fel Drakes as ground-use mounts for ground-mount only areas are either ignorant as to some of the reasons why it's a big deal, or being purposefully obtuse.

I like being able to ride my Silver Covenant Hippogryph (Hai Rygarius!) everywhere. Why?

Well, the only ground mount I care for is the Mechano-Hog. Unfortunately, the sound of motorcycle engine gets grating, fast.

It's also great to cut down on the number of hotkeys needed. Normally, one needs two hotkeys for their mounts: 1 ground, 1 air. Being able to condense that down to just one keybind for a mount that functions for both ground & air is helpful.

Finally, if the issue doesn't affect you, THEN WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING TO POST? Good God, people, the world doesn't revolve around YOU. Amazingly enough, there are other people playing this MMO. Other people who have wishes, desires & needs that are not necessarily the same as your own. If you can't deal with that fact, I suggest unplugging your modems & staying offline; for everyone's benefit.
09/17/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Bretherezen

So it is a bug, and was fixed, but now you are adding it back for the special snowflakes to have?

It's a bug that is unique to the Feldrake and kinda Tarecgosa's (though that was intentional >_>) in the fact they're the ONLY drake models that can still be used as ground mounts (note I said drake, not Skyscreamer). I wouldn't really call it a special snowflake thing, Bret, it's more of a "They-had-it-in-for-so-damn-long-and-didn't-do-anything-about-it" thing, then it breaks, and Blizzard claims it was a bug.

Makes me a bit skeptical at best - and I don't even have the mount >_>
09/17/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Legnaros
As brought up in numerous threads and moved to a different forum entirely, the Feldrake change is simply unacceptable.

The entitlement is so strong in this one.