Assurance of Consequence seems weak for WW.

Monk
Espeically when you look at the CDs that rogues get included. How come Xuen wasn't included in the mix? I mean I appreciate the cd on EB, but I rarely use FoF anyways unless im really starved for energy (which isn't often with how much haste I have).

On the other hand, it's going to be amazing for pvp.
Xuen's a talent. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no talents included for any class/spec.
Xuen's a talent. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no talents included for any class/spec.

Thats true. I guess there's really nothing that would benefit too much from a shorter cooldown beyond what they listed. Cant do anything with TeB and a decrease cd on RSK wouldnt be all that great either.
09/17/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Alttabbins

Thats true. I guess there's really nothing that would benefit too much from a shorter cooldown beyond what they listed. Cant do anything with TeB and a decrease cd on RSK wouldnt be all that great either.

reduced cd on RSK is better than nothing, also they could reduce the cd of Karma and nimble brew, since rogues,hunters, wars, dk's, ferals get reduced cd on most defensives...

We have to face it, we got the short end of the stick with that trinket :(
Reduced cooldown on FoF is actually quite strong - this trinket changes windwalker game play more significantly than the RoR.

Change your game play or don't use it - it's as simple as that.
FoF is a dps loss most of the time, only chance to use it is when you are low on energy, RSK is on CD, and TP buff is not going to fade...

Only way i see it working is going with RJW, since well be more energy starved (not so much thanks to lower cd on EnerBrew) and can fill some more FoF in there.
If FoF is consistently a dps loss than you are running too much haste which is the stat you really need to bring down for effective use of the AoC trinket.

For me personally FoF is a dps gain - it's not uncommon that single FoF will do over 1.2M damage.
if you'd read the latest theorycrafting, AoC is one of the, if not the, lowest priority trinket, because while reduced FoF looks good on paper, its actully verrrrry unlikely that you'll be using it on cd during an actual raid. thus negating the majority of the reason we'd even want it. Couple that with the lackluster proc and Ebon detonator starts looking even better, with its big chunk of mastery ( for when we have 4 pc) and a decently long proc to time TEB with. As well as a scaling proc that we can game with FoF.
So im not pro, but doing some testing myself.. I have a higher constant dps stacking Talisman of Bloodlust and Shadow-pan Assult trinket than swaping either one out with AoC.. the 31%cds are terrible aside from FoF/EB.. and basing ur rotation around using FoF on CD is going to be a dps loss beacuse your going to often end up using it while A) energy capped B) RSK is off CD and ur gonna clip it any ways, or C) Both.. the EB is nice.. but not really worth it imo. Stacking the two trinkets I mentioned above just seems to net me more dps during my personal testing on a dummie.. So dissapointed I was hoping it applied to RSK which would imo be a rather nice increase in dmg and really ZM? Lets be honest its not that good of a raid CD, 5 ppl? also netting yet another DPS loss on alot of encounters while I sit there absorbing 5 hits.. and not doing much of anything else. Over all im pretty dissapointed but looking fwd to some new trinks to play with later on . If it matters I only have the LFR version .. just fyi. I feel like we got screwed, while Enh get Ascendence (now 2 min), feral spirit (now like.. 112ish? seconds) AND fire elemental totem (also 2.5min) .. .. cmon blizz..
Other melee classes dont have great cd reductions either. I just glanced over the list and combat rogues looked like they got bad ones, but I dont know much about rogues..... I like our cd reducs, the only one I was iffy on was FSK but when im not raiding its really nice being able to use it more often. Lastly... how do you not use FoF? Its usually 2nd or 3rd most of my dmg. Maybe your haste is too high
Other melee classes dont have great cd reductions either. I just glanced over the list and combat rogues looked like they got bad ones, but I dont know much about rogues.....

Everyone that can use the trinket besides WW, except maybe Marksman, gets major cooldowns reduced. Shadow Blades, Berserk, Bestial Wrath, Black Arrow, Ascendance...

The reduced cooldown on EB is sort of nice, but from doing the first four SoO bosses in LFR yesterday I haven't really had many opportunities to use FoF--certainly not enough for the reduced cooldown to matter.
Other melee classes dont have great cd reductions either. I just glanced over the list and combat rogues looked like they got bad ones, but I dont know much about rogues..... I like our cd reducs, the only one I was iffy on was FSK but when im not raiding its really nice being able to use it more often. Lastly... how do you not use FoF? Its usually 2nd or 3rd most of my dmg. Maybe your haste is too high

Feral Druid: Berserk, Tiger's Fury <- both huge dps increases
Beast Mastery Hunter: Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, Stampede <-- big dps increases
Marksman Hunter: Camouflage, Disengage, Feign Death, Rapid Fire, Silencing Shot, Stampede <--- they got !@#$ed like we did
Survival Hunter: Black Arrow, Camouflage, Disengage, Feign Death, Rapid Fire, Stampede<-- dont know anything about surv
Windwalker Monk: Energizing Brew, Fists of Fury, Flying Serpent Kick, Fortifying Brew, Transcendence: Transfer, Zen Meditation<-- :(
Enhancement Shaman: Fire Elemental Totem, Feral Spirit, Ascendance,<-- BEST Cds reduced by trinket.. all 3 big Cds
Assassination Rogue: Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, Shadow Blades, Sprint, Vanish, Vendetta<- dunno
Combat Rogue: Adrenaline Rush, Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, Killing Spree, Shadow Blades, Sprint<-- dunno
Subtlety Rogue: Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, Shadow Blades, Shadow Dance, Sprint, Vanish<-- dunno

I laughed a little when u said having the trinket was nice so u could fsk more.. outside of raids.
I do agree that AoC benefits others more and knowledge a simpler way. Try to get over the idea of energy capping being the end of the world. Yes it is not ideal but FoF is by far the most damage per chi spent and scales the best with damage increases. Couple that with being able to shift haste into crit and mastery you should see a damage increase. And if not well just go for multistrike and the big agi proc trinkets (note you will want to FoF asap since the ability will lock in with higher attack power until finished).
09/18/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Juliansfist
Try to get over the idea of energy capping being the end of the world.

It's not just energy capping. FoF is a damage loss if RSK comes off cooldown during the channel as well, OR if multiple targets get hit by the cleave, OR if the target moves away during the channel, OR you have to move during the channel.

Like I said, the trinket hasn't proven itself very useful to me, although I'll try it on more bosses before I pass judgment. It's very likely to be replaced as soon as I get a better one though.
What should be the haste sweet spot roughly for AoC? Part of my issue could be that alot of my haste comes (and goes) from one of my trinkets..
(note you will want to FoF asap since the ability will lock in with higher attack power until finished).

I can almost swear that it doesn't. I've had ticks with 340k then drop down to 297k or lower crits following that with trinkets dropping of.

EDIT: Never mind, tested a few times with Renataki's falling off and watching my damage from it closer, well now, today I learned.

Btw, does anyone have the multi-strike trinket? Really curious how that one works out for us.
Assassination Rogue: Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, Shadow Blades, Sprint, Vanish, Vendetta<- dunno
Combat Rogue: Adrenaline Rush, Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, Killing Spree, Shadow Blades, Sprint<-- dunno

These are probably the strongest abilities out of all the ones listed. Shadowblades and Vendetta for Assassination are the 2 major dps cds, and Adrenaline rush, shadow blades, and killing spree are also extremely powerful.

I still think that Xuen should have been included. I know its a talent, but its really our only no cost dps cooldown. Looking at what some of the other classes are getting from the trinket make me realize that I should have just passed the trinket to our hunter and kept my ilvl 530 gnome lynchmob trinket.

These are probably the strongest abilities out of all the ones listed. Shadowblades and Vendetta for Assassination are the 2 major dps cds, and Adrenaline rush, shadow blades, and killing spree are also extremely powerful.

I still think that Xuen should have been included. I know its a talent, but its really our only no cost dps cooldown. Looking at what some of the other classes are getting from the trinket make me realize that I should have just passed the trinket to our hunter and kept my ilvl 530 gnome lynchmob trinket.

Yeah.. the abilties that got the CD alone.. make its so much better for other classes. I feel like I got fuxed.. love that blizz consideres FSK a dps CD..
Marksman Hunter: Camouflage, Disengage, Feign Death, Rapid Fire, Silencing Shot, Stampede <--- they got !@#$ed like we did

Not really, you have to remember that Rapid fire is a much stronger CD for MM than it is for the other two specs, and it stacks with their tier bonus to bring the cd of RF ridiculously low.
I just get more and more sadface everytime I learn that this trinket benefits other classes more. I stopped playing WW AFTER I got RORO because I didnt like that our compedative DPS was only as such when your entire reforge was around 1 trinket. and if u did said reforge and didnt master the use of the trinket u were just hurting urself. I was excited for WW in 5.4 and walla.. another trinket we need to reforge our stats around to make use of. Does anyone know if the other classes have to reforge around this annoying thing to actually get any use out of it?