Assurance of Consequence seems weak for WW.

Monk
Just because FoF has a shorter CD with the trinket does not mean you need to use it the instant it comes of CD, it will just be available more often for those moments you become energy starved.
Just because FoF has a shorter CD with the trinket does not mean you need to use it the instant it comes of CD, it will just be available more often for those moments you become energy starved.

The problem is that if you're not using FoF on cooldown you're wasting a large portion of AoC's effect. :/

I actually found it really nice in ToT last night. Lots of opportunities to take advantage of the shortened cooldown on FoF. I hope it proves more useful in SoO than I expect it will, but time will tell.
The problem is that if you're not using FoF on cooldown you're wasting a large portion of AoC's effect. :/

I actually found it really nice in ToT last night. Lots of opportunities to take advantage of the shortened cooldown on FoF. I hope it proves more useful in SoO than I expect it will, but time will tell.

Would people still complain about this trinket (outside of the Agi proc) if the effect of the trinket would be to only reduce the CD of EB?

I look at the other abilities as a bonus and personally I love the fact that FSK is available more often since I always use it on movement heavy fights.
Honestly I don't think people would complain as much if it wasn't so incredibly better for every other spec that can use it. For WW, AoC is an okay trinket--weak sometimes, okay others. Pretty standard.

But for other specs AoC is an amazing trinket that's probably BIS for most if not all of them. It's a huge difference. That comparison is where the complaints come from.
So it's basically the reverse that RoRo was for WW vs other classes/specs in 5.3 where RoRo was BiS for WW and mediocre at best for everyone else.
So it's basically the reverse that RoRo was for WW vs other classes/specs in 5.3 where RoRo was BiS for WW and mediocre at best for everyone else.

RoRO was BIS for Feral too, but yeah. When it's reversed like that, it just sucks to feel left out, I guess. xD
Btw, does anyone have the multi-strike trinket? Really curious how that one works out for us.

Just got Wforged version last night and it's outstanding. the proc comes in about the same damage as the legendary meta on single target. so about a 4% increase.
still trying to replace my ror, can't get trinket to drop for life of me to replace it.!
Reduced cooldown on FoF is actually quite strong - this trinket changes windwalker game play more significantly than the RoR.

Change your game play or don't use it - it's as simple as that.

Yup!

I have been loving the decreased CD to RSK, FoF, and Ebrew. I said in a another post, this trinket increased my pve dps by 15-20k and that is mostly attributed to those 3 spells. Because of the oodles of energy/chi I get now I am a lot busier but it's worth it.

Thinking of forging out of around 800 haste just because the 45s Ebrew is so great.
having a 40sec Ebrew means its up for almost every PVE encouter i have which = less PvE grinding...more dmg in raids, and just more pwnage of really everything i do...badmouthing a trink such as this is pathetic.
Reduced cooldown on FoF is actually quite strong - this trinket changes windwalker game play more significantly than the RoR.

Change your game play or don't use it - it's as simple as that.

Yup!

I have been loving the decreased CD to RSK, FoF, and Ebrew. I said in a another post, this trinket increased my pve dps by 15-20k and that is mostly attributed to those 3 spells. Because of the oodles of energy/chi I get now I am a lot busier but it's worth it.

Thinking of forging out of around 800 haste just because the 45s Ebrew is so great.

You don't HAVE a decreased CD to RSK.
09/18/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Blowtorch
I just glanced over the list and combat rogues looked like they got bad ones, but I dont know much about rogues.....

For combat it reduces three primary dps cds, for assassin it's 2, basically turning our 2m cds into 1m 25s cds and our 3m cds into just over 2m. It also reduces vanish which is used as a minor dps cd in right situations. AoC is huge for a rogue and honestly unfair when it comes to what it reduces but thats maining because rogues cd's are baseline spec and not talents like WW monks.

I think if they made a 7% stats trinket for agi that would be better for WW monks but then that would make the other classes with AoC even stronger over WW's. I still don't know why AGI is only stat roles to not get a 7% stats trinket.
I think if they made a 7% stats trinket for agi that would be better for WW monks but then that would make the other classes with AoC even stronger over WW's. I still don't know why AGI is only stat roles to not get a 7% stats trinket.

Because we crit far too often, with AGI giving us crit rating.
It is weak. Unless you are a huge fan of fists of fury/energizing brew (which I am not, I like to keep it fluid as much as I can without cooldowns).

1.Get the multistrike trink from shamans, and the mastery trink from seigecrafter.

2.Replace the multistrike trink for cleave trink from spoils for aoe fights like spoils/gala.

3.???

4.Profit.
I have done a !@#$load of in game testing on actual encounters, training dummies and in both situation compared multi target to single target. The Caster version of the amplify trinket pulls better numbers than AoC, yes the trinket with an intelligence proc (and +8%crit damage/secondary stats) consitently out performs the so called BiS Assurance of consequence.

what i have noticed is that Storm, Earth, Fire pets do not proc multi strike from Haromms. however the multi strike procs are reduced when you split (because of the mechanics of the spell). So multi strike becomes less effective with more targets.... however the Amplify crit damage DOES efect the pets crits. So for multi target fights, Amplify > Multistrike even with no proc at all.

In single target fights I found that Amplify synergies very well with multistrike. Multistrike can crit, and amplify beefs those crits.

This is very likely why they are retiring the stat, it is the best stat on anyone at high ilvls. Even when it's proc does nothing.

AoC is a joke and you are lying to yourself trying to adjust your style of play to make it even slightly useful when the amplify trinket is an all around dps boost (when paired with harooms single target and ebon detonator multi target)
SeF clones don't proc multi-strike or the cleave trinket effects on their target.

I believe harroms > TeD single target and aoe.

Assurance is technically BiS trinket, but unless you are really getting everything out of it, it becomes one of the worst. IMO a normal TeD > HWF assurance.

Retiring Stat: Amplify
We tried out Amplify on trinkets in Siege of Orgrimmar, and at BlizzCon we announced that it’d be a stat in Warlords of Draenor. The intent of Amplify was to multiply the effects of your other secondary stats. However, as we continued development, we found that Amplify had some design problems. In particular, we determined that it would quickly become the absolute best stat for everyone. On top of that, even if we were to apply heavy diminishing returns, the stat still wouldn’t have an interesting effect on your gameplay. For those reasons, it’s no longer going to be a stat in Warlords of Draenor.
Lots of rubbish in this thread.

Assurance of Consequence is a great tool while you're gaining ilvl - it let's you drop haste to boost your crit. You can go from needing 10-11k haste to pull off BoK spam, to going to 8k haste and using FoF/EB more. At ilvls sub 550 i found it great. But obviously once you get into normal/heroic gear, AoC is less useful and is superseded by 3 other trinkets, Harroms, TeD, and Thok's.

The cleave trinket is worthless, absolutely utterly worthless. Lose respect for any monk who says they use it on any fight. No matter what fight you're doing, there's a single target component in some part, and the cleave trinket does absolutely nothing while you're doing that. Also mentioned it doesn't work with clones.

If you're going to use an amplify trinket, use Thok's. No idea why someone mentioned using Immerseus trinket.

TLDR - AoC is useful if used correctly, but loses importance as you gain ilvl. Cleave trinket avoid. Haromm's + Thok or Ted's once you can easily reach sufficient haste without sacrificing crit.
06/07/2014 04:36 PMPosted by Ishikoh
Lots of rubbish in this thread.

The real rubbish was a ten-month old thread being bumped to beat a dead horse.
Thanks for the redundant information!
This was on the front page, near the top, when I saw the thread.

So I'm sorry for not closely examining dates of posting.
Please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.