Timeless Isle rare loot

General Discussion
So ive been farming rares to get some gear for my many alts. And I've gotten a lot so far. But recently, the gear stopped dropping. Now I only get a few timeless coins from the tares. Can anyone explain this? Did Blizzard set some kind of limit on bow much gear you can pick up? And p.s. I've already sent the gear to my respective alts if that helps. Thanks.
No one?
I had something like this happen on my Druid, I just stopped seeing any 496 pieces drop.

Is there a set limit? Or does the drop rate scale down or something? Seems weird
I thought they just nerfed the drop rate, I noticed it as well.

I still haven't gotten a single trinket drop though. ¬_¬
I've noticed the same. Now I just get a few coins, and maybe one of the buffs. I haven't gotten a piece of gear to drop in a few hours of farming.
I've noticed the same thing. When I just start for the day, I get plenty of drops, but after being on for a long time and killing a lot of rares, the coin drops lower in amount and the Timeless pieces stop dropping. Eventually I was only getting like 400 coins for killing the ship and no loot.
I've noticed there are diminishing returns on the rares each day so your first kill is the best chance and then each subsequent kill lowers the rewards. Everything can drop the ilvl 496 tokens though. From the lowest level mobs to the elite rares.
I'm curious about this too - what the exact rules are. I'm still missing things here and there and I don't want to waste time farming if I've gone over some kind of limit.
Same gig here. First / 2nd day of Timeless Isle I was literally swimming in the gear, then all of a sudden they become noticeably more harder to get
I suspect a heavy nerf or some sort of voodoo in the drop rates. Most of mine was getting sold anyway, but...

The first night when I was out there (and could stay connected), I got about a 8 pieces in 2 hours. I spent about five hours out there yesterday and only saw one piece.

Anecdotal, to be sure, and not totally outside the realm of RNG possibility, but suspicious nevertheless.
They did something because I farmed rares all day today (tons) , got nothing but coins...
I switched toons, nothing but coins. Trying to get stuff for alts catch up but no good when
the gear stops.. They hit the drop rate with a huge nurf cap or something so badly I'm about to lose all interest in the isle.

only the monkey chests seem to droping gear (and the same untradeable pet over and over)
In my experience, they nerfed the monkey cave chests a few days ago. The first day I played the isle, maybe 1 out of every 3 or 4 monkey chests gave an armor item. The next day I tried 40+ times (on 4 characters) and got only coins back.

But rares are still giving armor items as of Friday sep 20. Not always. Sometimes I just get one of those tokens I need 50 of, and a few coins. But other times, a random armor (with only a 1 in 4 chance of the armor type I can use).

I realize my experience is the opposite of octopus above, and both of us did enough tries that RNG isn't a likely explanation. I don't know what is.
I'm curious about this too - what the exact rules are. I'm still missing things here and there and I don't want to waste time farming if I've gone over some kind of limit. -- Coinpurse, Gnome Mage

Coinpurse, I'm sorry to say the limit is based on height...