- There is no Free Character Migration available for my realm.
- Can you move my character for free?
- I missed the option to move to another realm for free, can you help?
Free Character Migration is a free service to move a character to and from select realms. It is offered when there is a need to balance realms population. If a time-limited Character Migration is available, it will be announced on the official World of Warcraft forums.
Apart from occasional Character Migrations, Free Character Transfers are available to move characters from WoW Classic Hardcore realms. This transfer is final and cannot be changed or reversed.
Blizzard Customer Support cannot provide Free Character Transfers.
If your realm is full and experiences login queues, you may be offered to transfer your character to another realm for free while you are queued to enter your realm. In that case, click on the Character Migration button while on the queue. This will open the Shop.
Alternatively, if free migrations are currently open or available for your realm, you can start a free transfer by opening the in-game Shop on the character selection screen. If the Shop button is missing, it means your account is restricted by Parental Controls.
Once in the Shop:
- Open the in-game Shop on the character selection screen
- Select the Free Character Transfer service option and click Buy Now
- Select the realm you are transferring FROM
- Select the character you want to move off your realm. An estimate for how long the transfer might take will show up
- Tick the Transfer Realm check box
- Select the realm you want to transfer TO. The choice will be limited
- Click Continue. If the button is not available, it means you didn't fill up all the fields
The Character Migration window will instantly close without any message. However, your transfer is in progress.
You cannot log in to your character until the transfer has completed and you cannot cancel a transfer in progress. Customer Support cannot cancel a transfer or speed up the transfer process. Character transfers are final and irreversible.
Once your transfer completes, you will not receive a notification, but you will find your character if you log in to your new realm. If you cannot see your character on the new realm, create a level 1 to refresh your character selection screen.
Free Character Migrations are subject to the same restrictions and consequences as Paid Character Transfers. You can find a comprehensive list in our Character Transfer Information and Restrictions support article. Please note the below exceptions:
- You can transfer a character of any level, there is no minimum level requirement on free transfers
- You can transfer a character that was recently transferred, the free transfer ignores transfer cooldowns
- You can use the paid transfer service anytime after a free transfer, as the free transfer does not apply a transfer cooldown
- There is no limit to the gold you can bring with your character
- When transferring a dead Hardcore character, the existing mail in the mailbox will be returned to senders. Mails from the auction house will be deleted.