Adding a phone number will allow Blizzard Entertainment to send you notifications when important changes are made to your account. Any standard mobile phone in a supported country with a data plan can be used with this service.
Note: Standard messaging charges may apply. Some languages may not be supported by local carriers. Check with your wireless service provider for more information.
When you can't log in, you can receive texts that can:
- Unlock your Battle.net Account
- Remove a lost authenticator
- Recover your account name
- Approve a password reset
In addition, you can receive phone notifications to help keep your account safe.
- Get a text message if your account is locked by a suspicious login attempt
- Know immediately if your password has been changed
- Be alerted when security features are changed on your account
Phone Number Required to Access Certain Games
To prevent account abuse, you are required to add a text-enabled mobile phone number to your Battle.net Account before you can access certain free games.
Eligibility & Limitations
Battle.net Phone Notifications are designed for text-enabled mobile phones:
- Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
- Mobile phones with prepaid plans may not work with the phone notification service.
- Phone notifications cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.
A phone number can only be attached to one Battle.net Account.
If you lose your phone but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, phone notifications will continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with your phone number rather than the device itself.
If you lose your phone and don't plan to replace it, or if you want to remove Battle.net Phone Notifications while you find a new phone, submit a ticket.