Adding a phone number will allow Blizzard Entertainment to send you notifications when important changes are made to your account. Mobile phones in a supported country can use this service. VOIP systems are not supported.
ADD BATTLE.NET PHONE NOTIFICATIONS
Note: Standard messaging charges may apply. Some languages may not be supported by local carriers. Check with your wireless service provider for more information.
When you can't log in, you can receive texts that can:
- Unlock your Battle.net Account
- Remove a lost authenticator
- Recover your account name
- Approve a password reset
In addition, you can receive phone notifications to help keep your account safe:
- Get a text message if your account is locked by a suspicious login attempt
- Know immediately if your password has been changed
- Be alerted when security features are changed on your account
Eligibility & Limitations
Battle.net Phone Notifications are designed for text-enabled mobile phones:
- Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
- Phone notifications cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.
A phone number can only be attached to one Battle.net Account.
If you lose your phone but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, phone notifications will continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with your phone number rather than the device itself.
If you lose your phone and don't plan to replace it, or if you want to remove Battle.net Phone Notifications while you find a new phone, submit a ticket.