Free Character Transfer Eligibility and Limitations
The Character Transfer service is a paid service. Free Character Transfers may be available for a limited time to transfer from select, high population realms. When free transfers are available, we will announce it on the official World of Warcraft forums.
Blizzard Customer Support cannot provide Free Character Transfers.
- Your character's mailbox and auctions must be completely cleared. Do not create auctions until the transfer is complete. If you see an error message about pending mail on the character after you've cleared out your mailbox, you may have inbound mail that hasn't arrived yet. Wait until the mail arrives, clear your mailbox, and try again.
- Save all macros prior to your transfer, as the User Interface will reset when you transfer.
- If your character shares a name with an existing character on the realm you are moving to, you must rename your character.
During and After Transfer
- If your character is a guild leader, you must transfer leadership to another member or disband your guild.
- Do not attempt to send your character mail during a free character transfer, as this may cause delays.
- Any items or character progress lost during the transfer will not be restored.
- Your character's name will be locked for 30 days.
- Any mail left in your mailbox prior to the transfer will be lost.
- Your guild affiliation and tabard design will not transfer. You must join or create a new guild on your destination realm.
- Your rank will transfer with your character but any kills you earned on your source realm between the weekly reset and the time your transfer comes into effect, and any honor from those kills, will NOT transfer with you.
- Your World of Warcraft Friend List and Ignore List will be cleared upon transfer.
- Once the transfer has completed, you cannot reverse it. The only way to move the character again is by purchasing a Character Transfer.
- Parental Control settings can block Free Character Transfers. To remove Parental Controls follow the steps in our Support Article.