- I have a low frame rate in Overwatch 2
- My FPS in Overwatch 2 is very low.
Slow and choppy gameplay can have a variety of causes. Check your latency before continuing with the troubleshooting steps below. If your latency is high, check our connection troubleshooting article.
Note: Make sure your computer meets the Overwatch 2 System Requirements before following the steps below.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Changes to the software settings on your video card drivers may cause crashes or performance issues. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
- Reset your in-game options to resolve crashing and performance problems.
- If you're playing on a laptop, optimize your power management settings and graphics options for gaming.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Overheating can cause performance issues, game crashes, and full computer lockups. Check for overheating components.