- What happens to quest progress, items, achievements, collections?
- I want to Faction Change my character on my WoW Classic account but it won't let me.
- Will I have to start from the beginning in the Covenant Campaign if I change factions?
The Faction Change service allows you to change a single character's faction. As you complete the process, you will select your character's new race, appearance, and name. The race you choose must support your character’s class. Completing a faction change will prevent you from changing the character's faction, race, or realm again for 72 hours.
Note: World of Warcraft Classic characters are not eligible for Faction Change.
- The character must be at least level 10, and have no active auctions, mail, or WoW Tokens
- The character must not have changed factions in the last 72 hours
- Recently boosted characters must wait 72 hours before they can attempt any character services.
- You can't faction change on a Starter Edition account
- Guild Masters must transfer leadership or disband the guild. See our Guild Services article for information on changing the guild's faction
- It is not possible to restore items deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to a Faction Change
- Characters with too much gold can't change factions. The following gold limits apply to all characters:
World Quests, Island Expeditions, Dungeons, Warfronts, Flight Paths, Covenants
- World Quests are unlocked for the entire account
- If you unlock Island Expeditions they are unlocked for the entire account
- Siege of Boralus and Kings' Rest are unlocked for all characters on the account and will transfer when a faction change is complete
- If you unlock Warfronts they are unlocked for all characters on the faction of the character that unlocked them and will not transfer when a faction change is complete
- Most flight points will convert
- Additional flight points can be unlocked on the opposite faction's area after purchasing scouting reports from 7th Legion or Honorbound quartermasters. These are unlocked for all characters on the faction of the character that unlocked them and will not transfer when a faction change is complete
- Covenant Progression is entirely independent from Factions and will not be impacted in any way if you change your Faction
ReputationsWhen you faction change, faction specific reputations will convert. Visit our Faction Change Reputation Conversion page for a conversion breakdown.
Note: Allied Race reputations are neutral. Converting to or from an Allied Race—e.g. Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei—will have no effect on those reputation levels.
- Other faction-specific reputations convert into their cross-faction equivalents if one exists. Neutral reputations are not affected, except for Sunreavers and Silver Covenant, which revert to Neutral
- Faction-specific items, titles, and completed character specific achievements convert to their cross-faction equivalents.
Quests and Achievements
- Incomplete quests are removed from your quest log and all quest items are destroyed. You need to visit the initial quest giver to restart affected quests
- Progression towards unlocking a Paragon Chest will reset upon faction changing, unless the cache is available to both factions (ie. Tortollan)
- Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters
- Progress on character-specific achievements, such as for quests and PVP, will be reset
- Argent Tournament progress, including achievements, resets after the faction change
- You will need to complete the War Campaign on your new faction, even if you already completed the opposite faction campaign
Guilds, Raids, and PVP
- Raid lockouts transfer with your character. You cannot continue mythic raids started prior to a faction change
- Character-specific PvP mounts will convert
- The character's World of Warcraft Friends will be reset
- Guild pages and heralds will convert to the new factions equivalent
- Currencies are unaffected
- If you transfer your character to the other faction after a PvP season has ended, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive the Hero of the Alliance/Horde achievement and 150 wins after your transfer for rank 1 arena rewards
- Conquest points earned towards your current Conquest reward in the weekly bar will be lost
- Access to the Horde Banshee's Wail or Alliance Wind's Redemption will transfer when a faction change is complete
- Followers, Shipyard, and completed Garrison buildings will be kept. Unfinished missions, buildings, or work orders will be lost
- Faction-specific followers (including Nazjatar followers and their levels), ships, and ship crews convert to an equivalent from your new faction. Follower traits stay the same, but abilities may change. Ship abilities and equipment remain the same
- Champion and Follower missions will be cleared