Overwatch Error: Unable to Install or Patch (PC)
- Purchased Overwatch but can't install it
- Can't install Overwatch
- Can't patch Overwatch
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
If you are receiving a specific error code (such as BLZBNTAGT00000BB8), you can search for the error code on our Support Site. The error code's page will have more specific troubleshooting. If you do not receive an error code, the steps below may resolve problems in which the Battle.net Desktop Application can’t download data or update game files.
- Restart your computer to resolve problems caused by programs and services running in the background.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Make sure Windows Secondary Logon is enabled, which Blizzard Agent requires to run correctly.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.