- Getting an Internal Mail Error when picking up mail.
- Game will not allow me to get items out of the mail.
This error is very common with UI addons that allow your character to "Open All" mail in a short amount of time. The error is from the game server's inability to update your notifications chat fast enough to show all the things taken from the mail. Most addons have a setting to set a slight delay between opening messages to combat this issue.
If you have persistent issues with this error message, please reset your UI using the instructions below.
*Important* If you have an automated addon updater, it will need to be disabled or uninstalled before performing the user interface reset. If you need help uninstalling your addon manager, refer to the website where you downloaded it.
- Exit the game.
- In the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, click Options and select Show in Explorer (Windows) or Reveal in Finder (Mac).
- Open the World of Warcraft folder.
- For Modern WoW, open the _retail_ folder. For Burning Crusade Classic, open the _classic_ folder. For Classic Era, open the _classic_era_ folder.
- Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
- Launch the game to recreate the default folder structure.
If the mail cannot be looted after the reset, you may simply need to wait. Be sure to check the Customer Support forums to see if other players are having a similar issue.