- I can't queue for dungeons.
- I can only join specific dungeons, but not random dungeons
- "Role unavailable" message when looking for specific dungeons
There are multiple reasons for a character to be unable to join random dungeons. In most cases, the reason is that your gear item level is too low. Mouse over the dungeon name under the Specific Dungeons section, and this will show the reason you cannot queue.
If you are unable to queue for a specific dungeon, instead, the reason is likely to be that your character level is too low or too high for this dungeon.
Other common reasons are:
- If you are below level 50 and you selected to level up through a Timewalking Campaign, you can only queue for dungeons appropriate to your selected Timewalking Campaign. To queue for dungeons of other expansions, talk to Chromie, reverse the time line, and choose the expansion related to the dungeons you want to play
- If you are above level 50 but below 60, the Dungeon Finder will only show Shadowlands dungeons appropriate to your current level. For alternate characters that do not choose the Threads of Fate option, you must also progress through the campaign to unlock the dungeons. The whole list of dungeons will populate once you hit 60 and you choose a Covenant
- If you used a character boost on your character, you cannot cannot queue for Timewalking or Holiday dungeons for 24 hours after boosting
- Out-leveling the dungeon, such as the Necrotic Wake in Shadowlands which can only be queue up for until level 55. This returns when reaching level 60.
If you are unable to use the dungeon finder, you can always walk in the dungeon through the dungeon portal with a pre-made party.
Known issue: We are aware of an issue with multi role characters unable to queue for tank or healer roles in the dungeon finder. We can confirm this is not working as intended and we are working on a fix. In the meantime, you can resolve this problem by promoting another player to party leader.