Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Voice Chat Not Working
- Being dropped from the Voice Chat after joining a match
- Cannot join Team or Group voice channels
- Hear people talking but I can't talk
- Teammates are muted but cannot be un-muted
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat.Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Check the Black Ops 4 Voice Chat settings. Check the volume levels. Make sure Enable Voice Chat is set to ON, Suspend Voice Chat is set to Default and Voice Chat Channel is set to Default.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- For the Black Ops 4 Voice Chat Playback Device and Voice Chat Recording Device Voice Chat settings select Default System Device or the specific sound device you are using.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybinding for Voice Chat (Push To Talk) to a different key in the Keybinding menu.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled