- The guild I have been in for a long time is inactive, and I would like to take over as the guild master
- My guild master has been offline for ages, how do I claim the guild?
- I can see an option to dethrone my guild leader and I'm rank 1 but I can't promote myself
The Guild Master Dethrone feature allows guild leadership to pass to active members in specific situations.
An active guild member can use the Dethrone button to claim ownership if:
- The current guild master has been offline for at least 90 consecutive days.
Note: The 90-day timer only considers the login activity of the guild master character, not other characters on the same account.
- They are guild rank 1, 2, or 3, and logged in within the last week. To see your numeric guild rank, find your guild on the World of Warcraft community site and view the Roster. Higher rank characters get higher priority for notifications.
Note: It may be possible for ineligible characters to see the dethrone notification, though they’ll receive an error if they try to claim ownership.
Once the above requirements have been met, the Guild Master Inactive! option will appear with a notice to eligible members in the Guild News & Events feed.
Note: Game Masters will not assist with transitions in guild ownership.