You can purchase a Race Change to change the race, but not the faction, of a character. All sales are final, and the only way to reverse the process is to buy another Race Change after a 3-day cooldown.
Note: Wait at least 30 minutes before logging in. It may take up to 72 hours after payment for the Race Change to complete.
- Your character must be at least level 10.
- Changing to an Allied Race will not unlock Heritage Armor.
- Pending Name Changes or Character Transfers prevent the purchase of a Race Change.
- WoW Classic characters are not eligible for Race Change.
- Recently boosted characters must wait 72 hours before they can attempt any character services.
- Each Race Change includes an optional Name Change. If you choose a new character name, other players cannot use the old name on the realm for 30 days. You can create a new character with the old name within that time if you want to keep it.
- If you convert between two non-Allied races, your character's home-city reputation converts to your new home city. All other reputations are unaffected.
Note: Allied Race reputations are neutral. Converting to or from an Allied Race—e.g. Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei—will have no effect on those reputation levels.
- The character's Armory profile will eventually reflect your changes.
What Doesn't Change
- Equipment, Inventory, and Currencies—some quest items will not carry over
- Talents, Glyphs, and Professions
- Mount, Pet, and Toy Collections
- Achievements and Titles
- Flight points
- Friend and Ignore lists
- Guild Affiliation
Note: Certain race-specific quests may remain on your character, despite being impossible to complete.