Real ID friends can see each other's real name, but no personal information beyond that. When players agree to become Real ID friends, they’ll have access to the following features:
- Cross-game chat
- Real ID friends’ online status
- World of Warcraft cross-realm groups (same faction)
- Friends of Friends
Friends of Friends
Right-click a Real ID friend and select View Friends to view their friend list. You can disable this option in Privacy Preferences if you don't want your name to appear in this list.
Note: Changes to this setting may take up to 24 hours to update.
Managing Real ID
With the Real ID feature enabled, you can choose to share your real name on a case-by-case basis when sending or accepting friend requests. If Real ID is disabled, all friend requests will only use your BattleTag.
Real ID friendships are voluntary. If you don't want another player to contact you through Real ID, remove them from your Real ID friends list.
Note: Real ID friends will be converted to Battle tag friends if you turn off Real ID. All friends must be be manually upgraded through the Upgrade to Real ID Friend option if Real ID is turned back on. A list cannot be restored to a previous state.
- You may have up to 200 Real ID friends. You will not receive additional Real ID invitations if you reach this limit.
- Friend lists (including Real ID and BattleTag) are not available cross-region. You must add friends to each region’s friend list when you log in for the first time.
- If you prefer to keep your name hidden, consider adding your friend via BattleTag instead.