Real ID friends can see each other's real name, but no personal information beyond that. When players agree to become Real ID friends, they’ll have access to the following features:
- Cross-game chat
- Real ID friends’ online status
- World of Warcraft cross-realm groups (same faction)
- Friends of Friends
Friends of Friends
Right-click a Real ID friend and select View Friends to view their friend list. You can disable this option on the Communication Preferences page if you don't want your name to appear in this list.Note: Changes to this setting may take up to 24 hours to update.
Managing Real ID
Real ID friendships are voluntary. If you don't want another player to contact you through Real ID, remove them from your Real ID friends list.
Parents can enable or disable this service for their children using Parental Controls or through Account Management. If Real ID has been disabled, you can re-enable it on the Communication Preferences page.
Note: Your friends list will be erased if you turn off the Real ID service. We can't restore your list if this happens.
- You may have up to 200 Real ID friends. You will not receive additional Real ID invitations if you reach this limit.
- Friend lists (including Real ID and BattleTag) are not available cross-region. You must add friends to each region’s friend list when you log in for the first time.
- If you prefer to keep your name hidden, consider adding your friend via BattleTag instead.