- Getting black screen when trying to play Overwatch 2.
- I have sound but the screen is black.
Note: If you experience a black screen while playing Overwatch 2, make sure your computer meets the Overwatch System Requirements before following the steps below. If your computer is on the low end of these requirements, try lowering your graphics settings.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Overlay Incompatibilities. Programs with an overlay can cause Blizzard games to crash or black screen if they are not fully updated.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Changes to the software settings on your video card drivers may cause crashes or performance issues. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
- Reset your in-game options to resolve crashing and performance problems.
- If you're playing on a laptop, optimize your power management settings and graphics options for gaming.
- Overheating can cause performance issues, game crashes, and full computer lockups. Check for overheating components.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums or contact us.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!