If you are experiencing connection issues with your 2Wire gateway, try these steps:
- We always recommend a hard-wired connection for gaming. Connecting to your 2Wire gateway with an ethernet cable will resolve most connection issues.
- By default, 2Wire modems are configured to broadcast on an 802.11b/g mixed signal. Follow these steps to lower the broadcast signal to 802.11b and stabilize the connection:
- Browse to 192.168.1.254.
- Click Home Network.
- Click on Wireless Settings.
- If a login prompt appears, enter your username and password.
If you are unsure of your username and password, try the defaults:
Password: 2wire or Wireless
- Change the Wireless Mode to 802.11b.
- Click Save.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of the steps for your operating system and still need assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) or contact us.
Article ID: 6363