Bypassing the Router
If you are experiencing connection issues, the router itself may be at fault. To eliminate it as a potential source of interference, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power to your modem.
- Follow the Ethernet cable from the modem to the router.
- Unplug it from the router.
- Plug this end into your computer.
- Plug the power back into your modem and let it start up.
- Restart your computer.
- Attempt to connect to the game.
If this succeeds, it means that your router is unable to maintain the connections mentioned above. Your router may need a firmware update or it may need to be replaced.
For information on updating your router's firmware, contact your router's manufacturer.