- Since patch 9.2 I'm not able to purchase a character transfer
- Error: We see that you are trying to buy a Character Transfer in a different region than your Battle.net account region. To complete your purchase, visit the Battle.net web Shop
You can buy Character Transfers on our website or in-game.
On THE WEBSITE (Modern WoW Only)
For Modern World of Warcraft characters, you can buy a Character Transfer on our website. Please make sure you are logged in with the correct Battle.net account.
After purchase, the Character Transfer will appear in your character selection screen. If the icon is greyed out or doesn't appear, it means one or more of the following:
- Your payment is processing. The Character Transfer will only be available when your order shows as Complete. Please check your Transaction History
- You are logged into a Starter Edition account. Starter Edition accounts cannot transfer characters
- You were online during purchase. Please log off and log in again
- You don't have any character on the realm. Please create a character
- You have created a character but you never logged into the world yet. Enter the game at least once, exit the game completely, and re-launch
If you checked everything above and the Character Transfer token icon didn't appear, contact us.
You can buy a Character Transfer in-game by opening the Shop on the character selection screen. If the Shop button is missing on your character selection screen, your purchases may be restricted by Parental Controls.
To buy a Character Transfer in-game the country of residence registered on your Battle.net account must belong to the same region as your World of Warcraft account. For example, if you play on American realms, the country registered on your Battle.net account must belong to America. If you recently moved countries, you can update your registered country on your Battle.net account to resolve the error. Alternatively, you can buy the Character Transfer on the website, as explained above.