To change your character name, open the World of Warcraft in-game shop and purchase a Name Change from the Services section. Visit our Guild Services page for Guild Name Changes.
Other players on your realm will be unable to use the old name for 90 days. Characters on your World of Warcraft account can still use your old character name during that time.
Your character cannot have their name changed for three days after purchasing a Name Change. You cannot cancel the Name Change once you have pressed the confirmation button.
- Your existing mail and auctions will not be interrupted or canceled, but you should let your friends know before you make the change so they don't send new mail to the old name.
- Characters whose names are changed will remain on your ignore list, but their names will be updated automatically.
- Your character will remain in your guild and you will remain on all friends lists. The only difference is that you will have a new name, so you should let your friends and guildmates know the new name.
- Once the Name Change is complete, your Armory profile will take some time to reflect your character's new name.
- World of Warcraft Classic characters are not eligible for Character Name Changes.