- Diablo II is running slow.
- Diablo II is laggy.
- FPS in Diablo II is low
If Diablo II is running slowly on your system, follow the steps below.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements to run Diablo II.
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
To optimize game performance, follow these tips
- If you are running the game in fullscreen mode, try windowed mode:
- Right-click the Diablo II shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Target field, add a -w after the quotes.
- Click OK.
- Disabling the Automap may improve performance during gameplay. Press Tab in-game to cycle the Automap on and off.
- Lower your in-game settings:
- Press Esc key while in game.
- Click Options and then select Video Options.
- If you have Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, set Resolution to 640x480.
- Set Lighting Quality to Low.
- Set Blended Shadows to Off.
- Return to the Options menu and select Audio Options.
- Turn the Music Volume all the way down.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!