This issue is typically caused by a connection error. Before trying the following steps, check the BlizzardCS Twitter and Realm Status page for any service interruptions. Try the following steps to resolve this error.
- Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the Battle.net update Agent as a security threat.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, visit our Technical Support Forums (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!