Resetting Game Folder & File Permissions (Mac)
Updated: 3 years ago
Article ID: 71962
File permission problems can arise when Mac OS X is updated. This can prevent our games from launching and may cause them to quit unexpectedly when certain game features are accessed. Use the steps below to repair file permission settings for the game folder and all enclosed files/folders.
- Using Finder, navigate to the /Applications directory.
- Right-click the game folder and select Get Info.
- In the info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock to unlock it. Enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Make sure all privileges are set to Read & Write.
Note: Step 5 must be done, even if the folder already displays Read & Write privileges. This makes sure all enclosed files have the same permissions.
- Click the Action icon (cogwheel) and select Apply to all enclosed items. Select Yes to confirm the action.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!