Resetting your UI to default settings can resolve various display and interface issues. Before performing these steps, please temporarily uninstall any addon management software you are using. Addon managers will re-sync the data cleared by these steps.
- Completely exit World of Warcraft.
- Uninstall any addon managers to make sure they don't re-add your removed addons.
- In the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application, click Options (the cogwheel next to Play button) and select Show in Explorer (Windows®) or Reveal in Finder (Mac®).
- Open the World of Warcraft® folder.
- Open the folder for the game version you're troubleshooting (_retail_, _classic_era_, or _classic_)
- Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
- Re-launch World of Warcraft so the changes can take effect.
If you continue to have errors, an addon or macro may have changed a console variable. You can reset this by typing the following command into your in-game chat box and pressing enter. You may receive a permission error, but the command will still work.