If you're experiencing issues with your low-speed or wireless internet connection, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem.
- If you're using a wireless connection, try connecting your computer directly to your router or modem to play instead.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet, such as other games or download programs.
- Power Cycle the Modem and Router to resolve common issues that may weaken your internet connection.
- Satellite and cellular phone internet connections are not stable connections and may cause further connection issues when playing Blizzard games. If possible, consider switching to a more stable connection.
- If you're experiencing connection trouble with World of Warcraft, adjust your in-game network settings:
- Go to the in-game Network menu (ESC > System > Network).
- Check the Optimize Network for Speed option if you're using a high-speed internet connection.
- Uncheck the Optimize Network for Speed option if you're using a low-speed internet connection.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.