Cannot Access or Modify a Required File or Folder
The Battle.net Update Agent couldn't modify necessary files on your hard drive. This usually happens when the required files are locked or in use by another program. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Restart your computer to resolve any temporary computer issues that may interfere with updating game files.
- Security software can interfere with the Battle.net Update Agent. Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs.
- Programs running in the background can conflict with the Battle.net Update Agent. Try closing background applications.
- Our games require administrator privileges to install, update, and run properly. Be sure to run the game in Administrator Mode.
- File corruption with the Battle.net Update Agent may prevent it from working properly. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder and the Update Agent will automatically re-create necessary files.
- There may be a hard drive issue preventing the file from being read properly. Check your disk and defragment your hard drive to try repairing any bad sectors.
- If you're using a Mac, your game folder permissions may be incorrect. Reset game folder & file permissions to resolve any permission conflicts.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.