The Battle.net Desktop Application can't launch Agent or AgentSwitcher, which are required to install, update, and run Blizzard games. Permission conflicts or file corruption can cause this error to display.
- You may experience errors when Battle.net Update Agent files are missing or corrupt. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to have the Battle.net Update Agent recreate necessary files.
- Battle.net requires administrator privileges to install, update, and run Blizzard games properly. Be sure to run the application in Administrator Mode.
- Programs running in the background can conflict with Battle.net. Try closing background applications.
- Try creating a new administrator account to address permissions issues and try again.
- Security software can interfere with Battle.net and prevent it from running properly. Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of the steps for your operating system and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) or contact us.