This error occurs when an unstable wireless connection or an incorrect network setting prevents your computer from connecting to our servers. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- If you're using wireless internet, try switching to an optimized wired connection.
- Disable your proxy. Proxy servers can cause connection errors and may be enabled by mistake or by a malicious program.
- If your network cache contains old or conflicting information, it will cause update issues. Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS.
- Reset your network devices, which may become flooded with data and drop the connection to your ISP.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the Battle.net Update Agent. Close any running background applications.
Tried everything here?
If you tried all of these steps and still need assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.