Failed to Connect to the Battle.net Patch Service
This error occurs when your connection to our servers is blocked. This may be caused by a third-party program. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Our games require an up-to-date operating system to run properly. Run Software Update to be sure you're using the most recent version.
- An outdated installation of Adobe Flash may cause updating errors. Update Flash.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the game. Close any running background applications.
- Security software may interfere with the Battle.net Update Agent. Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs.
- Some advanced internet settings may prevent the Update Agent from connecting to our servers. Check your Proxy and Work Offline settings.
- If you're using wireless internet, try switching to an optimized wired connection.
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Some networks require 802.1X authentication, which can prevent Blizzard games from connecting. Check for and disconnect 802.1X.