This error occurs when you have connected to our patch server but you cannot download patch information. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Run Software Update to be sure you're using the most recent version.
- Close any running background applications. Programs running in the background can interfere with the game.
- Run the game in Administrator Mode. Our games require administrator privileges to install, update, and run properly.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs. Security software may interfere with the Battle.net Update Agent and prevent it from running properly.
- If you're using wireless internet, try switching to an optimized wired connection.
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Check your Proxy and Work Offline settings. Some advanced internet settings may prevent the Update Agent from connecting to our servers.
- Check for 802.1X and disconnect if it is enabled. Some networks require an 802.1X authentication to connect to the internet, which can prevent Blizzard games from connecting