Failed to Run a Required Program (Blizzard Setup)
This error occurs when the Blizzard Setup program cannot run after an update. This is usually caused by another application preventing the Setup program from making changes to the game files on your computer. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Restart your computer to clear its memory and free up system resources so Blizzard Setup can run properly.
- Our games require an up-to-date operating system in order to run properly. Update your operating system and drivers to be sure you're using the most recent versions.
- Our games require administrator privileges to install, update, and run properly. Be sure to run the game in Administrator Mode.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with Blizzard Setup. Try closing background applications.
- You may experience errors when Battle.net Update Agent files are missing or corrupt. Delete the Battle.net folder to have the Battle.net Update Agent automatically re-create necessary files.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of these steps and still require assistance, visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.