The Character Transfer feature allows you to move characters to other realms or accounts registered in your name. You can purchase a Character Transfer on the Blizzard Shop or on the in-game World of Warcraft Shop.
If you log in before the transfer is complete, it may fail and your character will be locked. The transfer may take up to 72 hours to complete.
To check the status of your character transfer:
- Log in to Blizzard.net Account Management and select the game account that started the character transfer.
- Click Character Transfer under Character Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click History/Status at the top of the Character Transfer page to view your transfer status and history.
Note: If your character is locked, or the transfer is stuck in a Pending status, visit our Character Locked page.
Before you transfer a character, keep the following limitations in mind:
- Characters can only be transferred between realms and accounts in the same region.
- Certain realms may not be eligible transfer destinations.
- You may not transfer to a realm where your character list is full.
- If your character's name is already taken on the destination server, you will be prompted to change its name after the transfer.
- The character must be at least level 10. Death Knights must be at least level 60.
- Starter Edition accounts can't transfer characters.
- Active auctions or mail will prevent a transfer.
- Characters are ineligible for realm-first achievements for the first 60 days after transferring.
- Characters holding WoW Tokens cannot transfer.
- Raid lockouts transfer with your character.
- You cannot continue mythic raids started prior to the transfer.
- Characters with caged pets in their inventory cannot transfer.
- Item Restoration cannot restore items deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to the transfer.
- The following gold limits apply to all characters:
Level Max. Gold 10-30 300g 31-50 1,000g 51-70 5,000g 71-80 20,000g 81-99 50,000g 100+ 250,000g
Note: You are able to transfer your character between World of Warcraft game accounts only once every 30 days.
When transferring characters between two World of Warcraft game accounts, keep the following limitations in mind:
- The character's name will be locked for 90 days after the transfer completes. You must choose a new name for your character.
- Characters cannot be transferred to or from a suspended, disabled, or closed account. Accounts that are unpaid and frozen are able to use the Character Transfer service normally.
- Characters cannot transfer to a lower expansion level game account.
- Characters are not able transfer to another realm for 30 days after an account transfer.
Additionally, if you are transferring between to Blizzard accounts, keep the following limitations in mind:
- The Blizzard accounts must be registered under the same name.
- Mounts, pets, wardrobe items, heirlooms, and toys in the Collections tab are account-bound, and do not generally transfer when characters move to a different Blizzard account. The only exception is any pet or mount associated with a character-specific achievement, which will only appear for that character on the new account.
- You must delete heirloom items from your character's inventory before transferring it to another account.
- Most achievements will not transfer to another Blizzard account.
Note: You are able to transfer your character between Blizzard accounts once every 30 days.
|Will transfer||Will not transfer|
|Character achievements and achievement points||Guild pages and heralds.|
|Bank contents/Void Storage||User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc.).|
|Character friends and ignore lists.|
PvP Arena ratings may adjust slightly after transferring to a new realm. This can affect end-of-season rewards if you transfer before they are sent.