If you want to buy an item for Hearthstone®—like extra packs or a solo adventure wing—you can purchase them from the in-game store. Whether you shop on a desktop computer or on a mobile device, your purchases are shared across all devices.Note: You must choose an expansion when purchasing expert packs.
Desktop or Laptop
The Hearthstone Shop uses your Blizzard account's primary payment method (credit card or PayPal™) to complete purchases. If you do not have a credit card or PayPal account on file, you can add them on your Blizzard Account Management page.
Add Payment Method
If you do not have access to a credit card or PayPal, Hearthstone also accepts alternate payment methods like prepaid cards through Blizzard Balance. If you choose to use Blizzard Balance, it must be loaded on your account before you can use it to buy cards.
If you have Blizzard Balance on your account, Hearthstone will try using it before trying your primary payment method.
Load BalanceNote: Loading Blizzard Balance takes up to three days to complete. For a more immediate payment source, set up a primary payment method instead.
Common Payment Issues
If you experience errors or issues when you try to buy cards, follow the steps below to resolve your issue.
- Enter your password or your CVV number correctly, if prompted.
- Check your primary payment method. Make sure that it’s valid, not expired, and that all associated information is correct.
- Error 10200244 means your bank or payment provider declined the transaction. Contact your payment provider to troubleshoot this issue.
- Error 10200127 or Error 10200109 means we couldn't process your PayPal transaction. Try removing and re-linking your PayPal account in Blizzard account management. You can also try a different method of payment.
- If you prefer to use Blizzard Balance, make sure that you have enough. Remember that it can take up to three days for recently loaded balance to be credited to your account.
When you make a purchase in Hearthstone, the game will use the method of payment you have on file with Apple for iTunes®, Google for Google Play, or Amazon for the Amazon Appstore. Hearthstone will use the account registered to your device for all purchases, regardless of which Blizzard account is logged in to the game.
Note: Because the mobile version of Hearthstone uses your iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore account, you can't use Blizzard Balance to make purchases in the app. If you want to use Balance to buy Hearthstone cards, make your purchase on the PC or Mac version. Your new packs will appear in the mobile version as well.
For more information on mobile purchases, see Apple's iTunes Store: About In-App Purchases support article, Google's Buy in-app items support article, or Amazon's About In-App Items and Subscriptions article.
For information on using Amazon Coins to buy Hearthstone packs, see Amazon's About Amazon Coins support page.
If you have trouble making a Hearthstone purchase on your mobile device, completely log out of the Hearthstone app and your Apple ID, then log back in. If the issue persists, visit Apple's support site, the Google Play Help Center, or the Amazon Appstore Help Center for assistance with your account or billing issue.
If you want to prevent in-app purchases on your device, you can do so using your device’s restriction settings.