I want to make sure my account is safe from hackers.
Securing Your Account from Hackers
If you want to make sure your information is secure from hackers, follow these helpful tips.
- Scan your computer for malware, keyloggers, and viruses. Check out our Security Software page for more information.
- Keep your operating system up to date. Your computer is less secure if you're missing critical security updates.
- Update Adobe Flash to patch vulnerabilites that can allow the installation of malware on your computer.
- Reset your email account password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Reset your Battle.net password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Attach a Battle.net Authenticator to your account. Using an Authenticator adds an additional layer of security for your account.
- Consider signing up for SMS Protect to inform you of important changes made to your account.
Securing Your Account from Friends and Family
If you want to make sure your information is secure from your friends or family, here are some additional ideas.
All of the authenticators and passwords in the world aren't going to mean a lot if your friends or family members have immediate access to your computer and you are looking to make sure they don't. To prevent having a "friendly hack" from occurring, it's really more about best practices rather than adding specific software or security to the account.
- Log out of your account or lock the computer every time you step away from the computer.
- Do not let your friends or family know your password or the location to your authenticator.
- Make sure your authenticator is enabled to check for a code every time you log in.
- Consider adding parental controls to your account. Adding parental controls gives you specific access over whether in-game purchases are available and when and/or how long anyone can log in to play games on your account.